• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

dvd doesn't work

leensaginaw

I recently copied the movie Volcano in New York using both anydvd and clonedvd as usual. However the disc does not play in my sony home player. It does play on my computer-notebook. I have never encountered a problem using anydvd or clonedvd before and have never changed my settings. Three other dvd's I burned at the same time work, but not this one.
Can you help or offer any suggestions as to why this would happen.I have tried burning this movie a second time using the copy that works on my computer, that copy produced the same results.

Thank you

If you player is a few years old, it may not work. It needs to be a newer generation that plays MP3, DVD-R/+R/RW, and the like. Clone DVD files are really modifed MPEG files or something of the sort, a computer file vice a true DVD file.

You may need a newer machine at home. That's what I has to do...

I recently copied the movie Volcano in New York using both anydvd and clonedvd as usual. However the disc does not play in my sony home player. It does play on my computer-notebook. I have never encountered a problem using anydvd or clonedvd before and have never changed my settings. Three other dvd's I burned at the same time work, but not this one.
Can you help or offer any suggestions as to why this would happen.I have tried burning this movie a second time using the copy that works on my computer, that copy produced the same results.

Thank you

If, as it sounds, you have created dvds before and used them on your Sony with no problems .. then it isn't the age of your machine. IF you have never played on your sony .. try playing them on another player and see if they work.

The problem is that this won't necessarily mean that it is your player or the SW or the media.

My bet is on the media. If your sony has played before then it really is probably the media. Media can be a really flakey thing. If the sw has worked before .. it is going to work.

So .. try the burned disks on other players. Then try some different media and see if that works. If it has never worked with your sony you might also check that it supports +/- Some players just don't support it. If that is the case it might support ROM (if your writer supports it).

@ leensaginaw,

Welcome to the Forum.

Most likely your problem is caused by the blank DVD Media you used to record the backup copy of Volcano in New York.

Provide the MID (Manufacture ID and Media Code) of the DVD Media you used the record the backup copy of Volcano in New York. If you are unaware of how to obtain the MID (Manufacture ID and Media Code) of the DVD Media use DVDInfo (http://www.dvdinfopro.com) or DVD Identifier (http://dvd.identifier.cdfreaks.com)

Regards,
Coaster

Back