• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

DVD disk not recognised following version downgrade

Adrian bryer

New here, hoping one of your knowledgeable lot can help me out.

I have a windows 10 PC that has an internal DVD drive and a external LG BE14NU40 Blu-Ray drive.

I had AnyDVD installed for years with the latest version being 7.6.9.5 with no problems.

I recently installed the trial version of AnyDVD HD ( 8.2.3.0).

When the trail expired I removed it and re-installed 7.6.9.5 and my license. I now have issues when inserting DVD disks into my external Blu-ray drive. The internal DVD drive remains OK.

The system just hangs when I insert a DVD disk into the Blu-ray drive. The drive is fine if I put in a Blu-ray disk. The DVD disk is fine and works in the internal drive. I have tried other DVD disks too.

I uninstalled AnyDVD 7.6.9.5 and the external drive recognized DVD no problem.

I reinstalled AnyDVD 7.6.9.5 and again the system hangs when I insert a DVD into the drive.

In AnyDVD settings both drives are recognized. I deselected the Blu-ray drive and rebooted.

The DVD disk is recognized in my external drive after reboot. I reelected the drive in AnyDVD settings and rebooted, same issue, DVD disks not recognized in external drive and system hangs

Clearly there is no hardware issue because the drive works fine when AnyDVD not installed/enabled.

This problem only started after running trial hd version.

Any ideas?

Regards
Adie

Completely uninstall any dvd. Reboot your computer, then use device manager to uninstall your drives. Then reboot your computer. Now reinstall only 7.6.9.5.

Completely uninstall any dvd. Reboot your computer, then use device manager to uninstall your drives. Then reboot your computer. Now reinstall only 7.6.9.5.

Thank you for your response. Unfortunately it did not resolve my issue.

AnyDVD seems to recognize the drive in settings and displays the following

Summary for drive G: (AnyDVD 7.6.9.5, BDPHash.bin 16-03-25)
HL-DT-ST BD-REBE14NU40 1.01 N003803K8ZC9M90612
Drive (Hardware) Region: 2

Current profile: DVD-ROM
Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 2026352 sectors (3957 MBytes)
Total size: 3737546 sectors (7299 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: HANNIBAL
Media is CSS protected!
Media is locked to region(s): 2 4!
Video Standard: PAL

Structural copy protection not found.
RCE protection not found.
UDF filesystem patched!
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Removed CSS copy protection!
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 2!

But the system hangs when I try to access the drive via explorer or using clone dvd.

After AnyDVD scans the drive it become unusable.

If I disable AnyDVD or remove it the drive is fine.

upload_2018-8-13_15-35-13.png

If I put a Bluray disk in AnyDVD recognizes the drive and show the following in settings

Summary for drive G: (AnyDVD 7.6.9.5, BDPHash.bin 16-03-25)
HL-DT-ST BD-REBE14NU40 1.01 N003803K8ZC9M90612
Drive (Hardware) Region: 2

Current profile: BD-ROM
Media is a Blu-ray disc.

Total size: 10590624 sectors (20684 MBytes)
Video Blu-ray label: ELFIE_HOPKINS

This version of AnyDVD does not work with Blu-ray discs!
Please upgrade your keycode to AnyDVD HD!
Please visit http://www.redfox.bz for more information!

And I am able to access the disk from explorer. Issue only with dvd.
Thanks for your response, appreciated.
Adie.

Last edited:
Provide an AnyDVD logfile with any working disc. It may shed some light onto the problem.

Provide an AnyDVD logfile with any working disc. It may shed some light onto the problem.
I don't have a working disk, all dvds hang the system when I put into the drive. If I put a dvd in the G:\ drive, Anydvd scans the disk then stops, the drive then becomes unusable. Interestingly if I eject the disk and put it into my internal dvd drive (f: AnyDVD scans the disk and that drive becomes unusable too, I have to reboot.

If I reboot and put a dvd in F: drive everything is fine, soon as a use g: drive with a dvd, AnyDVD screws up and my drives become unusable.

I have right clicked on AnyDVD and selected create logfile but nothing happens.

I don't have a working disk, all dvds hang the system when I put into the drive. If I put a dvd in the G:\ drive, Anydvd scans the disk then stops, the drive then becomes unusable. Interestingly if I eject the disk and put it into my internal dvd drive (f: AnyDVD scans the disk and that drive becomes unusable too, I have to reboot.

If I reboot and put a dvd in F: drive everything is fine, soon as a use g: drive with a dvd, AnyDVD screws up and my drives become unusable.

I have right clicked on AnyDVD and selected create logfile but nothing happens.

You've gotta be kidding! I use the last AnyDVD 7.x from time to time and all DVDs worked so far ...

So just put in an old DVD or an audio-cd for the logfile. Or make a logfile without a disc.

Good luck.

I just removed AnyDVD and both my external Bluray drive g: and internal dvd drive function normally. I have inserted a number of differant dvd disks into each drive no problem.

I install AnyDVD 7.6.9.5 and reboot.

I insert a dvd into my internal drive f:, AnyDVD scans the disk and everything is fine. I installed other dvd disks and the drive remained fine, no problems. I right clicked AnyDVD icon and selected create logfile and it successfully created a log file.

upload_2018-8-13_18-2-17.png

I took a dvd disk and put into the external bluray drive. AnyDVD scanned the disk and stopped. Explorer does not show the contents of the disk.
upload_2018-8-13_18-2-53.png

At this point I can still access the internal drive f:.

I now click on the G:\ drive in Explorer and the explorer window hangs and the drive is inaccessible. If I try to create log file now nothing happens.

I ejected the disk in f: drive ( drive was working fine before inserting disk into g: drive) and inserted another one, now the internal f: drive fails to recognize a disk too. AnyDVD totally screws up drive access and I have to reboot.

Attachments

• upload_2018-8-13_18-1-4.png
    upload_2018-8-13_18-1-4.png
    12.2 KB · Views: 6
You say it created a logfile, well where is it?

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

Try to create a logfile with a blank disc or without a disc ?!?

Install Windows to a new partition and test AnyDVD7.

Buy AnyDVD8 ...

I don't see any other options.

I managed to create a logfile when I inserted a dvd into the internal disk where there is no issue. Will this log help?

I cannot create a log file when I insert a disk into the bluray drive and AnyDVD stops access to the drive.

AnyDVD allowed me to create a logfile when drive empty. ( attached)
Soon as I put any DVD in the drive it hangs.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_7.6.9.5_Info_G_EMPTY_DRIVE.ziplog
    48.9 KB · Views: 7
I managed to create a logfile when I inserted a dvd into the internal disk where there is no issue. Will this log help?

I cannot create a log file when I insert a disk into the bluray drive and AnyDVD stops access to the drive.
At least create an Empty Drive log. You're the only one with the problem and there are most certainly a lot of others using 7.6.9.5, so whatever the issue, it is in your system. Maybe an Empty Drive or AnyDVD System Information log would find something.

[Edit] Well, never mind, you did it as I was posting.

Back