• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

DVD Disc Read Error While Imaging

jrydberg

Hi,

I am having an issue with creating an ISO image for the following DVD:

Instructional DVD included with the book "Aromatherapy Massage" ISBN: 1741216354

I am using AnyDVD version 7.1.6.0 with default settings.

See attached log zip and the error that comes up.

I have tried using AnyDVD with CloneDVD2 as well as the option within AnyDVD to create an image.

It seems this disc stops reading once it reaches a certain location in the VTS_01_2.VOB file. I also tried copying all files from this disc to a folder and only this file fails. It is a 1GB file and it stops copying when there is 473MB remaining to copy.

The AnyDVD Ripper reports this error:
Error reading from drive G:!
Sectors: 845984-846015

This disc otherwise plays back correctly using home DVD player or computer DVD playback software.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions.

Thanks,

John

Attachments

• AnyDVD_7.1.6.0_Info_G_AROMATHERAPY_MASSAGE.zip
    79.1 KB · Views: 9
  • Sector Error.jpg
    Sector Error.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 5
Not an original

The log tells us it is not an original disc but is a copy.
And playing it does not mean you can copy it.

Try this:

Insert the DVD. Open the Windows Explorer (Windows + E key). Navigate/browse to the DVD drive.
Copy the Video_TS folder somewhere to your hard drive.
Wait until the copy process is done. This give the DVD drive the chance to retry damaged sectors a few times.
If it was successful, open CloneDVD or your burning program and let it read from that folder on the hard drive.
This minimizes read errors during the trans-coding process.
Note: if this procedure does not work, Windows itself will post an error message on its own, not AnyDVD.
To mean, the READ error is recognized by the Windows Operating System, so in this case you can forget trying to get the data off this disc on your machine

Media is not CSS protected.
Media is region free.
Video Standard: NTSC

no CSS protected is possible as some have no protection but the next part the Region usually is encoded as they don't want anyone to just buy and distribute their media for nothing or free. You might want to get a more correct log from the original media not a backup media.

As far as I know this is the original DVD. It came with the book and appears to be a manufactured DVD not a copy. The name of the book is printed as a hologram around the inside edge of the spindle hole on the underside (media side) of the disc. See attached photo.

Attachments

• Aromatherapy Massage DVD.jpg
    Aromatherapy Massage DVD.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 13
Hi,

I am having an issue with creating an ISO image for the following DVD:

Instructional DVD included with the book "Aromatherapy Massage" ISBN: 1741216354

I am using AnyDVD version 7.1.6.0 with default settings.

See attached log zip and the error that comes up.

I have tried using AnyDVD with CloneDVD2 as well as the option within AnyDVD to create an image.

It seems this disc stops reading once it reaches a certain location in the VTS_01_2.VOB file. I also tried copying all files from this disc to a folder and only this file fails. It is a 1GB file and it stops copying when there is 473MB remaining to copy.

The AnyDVD Ripper reports this error:
Error reading from drive G:!
Sectors: 845984-846015

This disc otherwise plays back correctly using home DVD player or computer DVD playback software.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions.

Thanks,

John
You can try to set AI scanner to "always enabled" for this disc.

I tried using the forced AI mode and also installed the beta version of AnyDVD 7.1.6.8. None of these suggestions have helped. File copy or image copy attempts all stop once they get to the second VOB file and about half way into it. So it looks like the publishers of this book went to great lengths to copy protect this DVD which seems odd since the book's list price is $10.00 with the DVD.

Thanks for everyone's suggestions!

John

I tried using the forced AI mode and also installed the beta version of AnyDVD 7.1.6.8. None of these suggestions have helped. File copy or image copy attempts all stop once they get to the second VOB file and about half way into it. So it looks like the publishers of this book went to great lengths to copy protect this DVD which seems odd since the book's list price is $10.00 with the DVD.

Thanks for everyone's suggestions!

John

Well then otherwise your left using the media and should it fail complain to the company telling them their media is junk. For 10.00 I don't think I would myself even backup that dvd - movies on the other hand I would use it for that.

So it looks like the publishers of this book went to great lengths to copy protect this DVD which seems odd since the book's list price is $10.00 with the DVD.

More likely just a defective DVD - will play - but not read "bit for bit".
We see them all the time here - particularly the cheap stuff.

-W

Back