• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

DVD Collection Software

Hi,

I have a question and thought I would ask you all since I figure you all are movie buffs like myself. I have 900+ dvd's and I'm looking for a good software program that would allow me to keep track of what I have and what I don't have (I've ended up with multiples a time or five...LOL).

Thanks for any and all help and suggestions!!!

~Lubs

Better yet, try for FREE, Collectorz's Movie Collector http://www.collectorz.com/movie/ and use this coupon http://www.retailmenot.com/view/collectorz.com (the only limitation the FREE/Trial version is that it only saves 50 movies) and save $$. This software is cheap compaire to others. If you love Slysoft's products, then Collectorz's Movie Collector is something you cannot live without! They update thier software every couple of months with new features and bug fixes, for FREE (unless they upgrade to a newer version), just like Slysoft! Collectorz has forums like Slysoft to talk about problems and what other features you would like to see in the future. And they also have apps for your iPhone/iPad/Android. So if you go out to get your movies, you can take your list of movies with you. Here is a review of the apps:

"As with all other programs by Collectorz, their first foray into the iPhone app world is absolutely 5 stars all the way. I now have complete access to my entire movie collection anytime, anywhere. Never again will I worry about buying a 2nd copy of Ishtar because I forgot I already own it (as if)!
This app works in concert with "Movie Collector" on your PC, and here's the best part- you don't have to sync your movies through iTunes. Sorry Apple, but I hate iTunes with a passion.
I can access all my movies, get all their details (director, actor, etc.), and it even displays the cover art. Great job by the Collectorz team."

Here is a review of Collectorz Movie Collector software:

“Thank you for an amazing program and the ipad app.
The two of them in combination has solved my sorting problems,
I am eternally grateful and so is my 1,200+ movie collection.
Keep up the fantastic work!”
Marcus Persson - July 29, 2012

And here is a small list of Movie Collector many features:

Adding movies to your database
•Cataloging DVDs & Blu-Rays by Title
•Cataloging DVDs & Blu-Rays by Barcode
•Batch adding with the Queue Mode
•The Collectorz.com online movie database:◦Automatic data for movies
◦Automatic data for TV Series

•Finding more cover images online
•Cataloging movie files

Browsing your movie collection
•Images View / List View / Cover Flow
•Group movies into Folders
•Manage your Collection and your Wish List
•Statistics: Bar Charts and Pie Charts
•Searching your movie database
•Customizing Movie Collector◦Details View: Templates and Styles
◦Main screen Layout
◦Configurable Fonts & Font Size
◦Choose your List Columns
◦Sorting / Ordering your movie list

Exporting and sharing your movie list
•Export movie data to the CLZ Movies app
for iPhone, iPad and Android
•Share your database online with
Movie Collector Connect
•Browse and play your movies on
Windows Media Center
•Printing lists
•Export to HTML pages
•Export to CSV, XML
•Network support

Managing and editing your database
•Editing your movie entries
•Editing multiple movies in one go
•Auto Capitalization & Automatic Sort Titles
•Managing your pick lists
•Setting Field Defaults
•Field Names / User Defined Fields
•Loan Manager

Just go to http://www.collectorz.com/movie/ and see for yourself what they have to offer before you condone and overlook Collectz Movie Collector. :)

I've purchased All My Movies recently and used coupon DSC25CZ for 25% discount. It was the best offer I found. However, I don't know when the offer is over but it works right now, I just tested it.

Just in case someone interested and want to save :)

Digital Collections?

Newbie here as well. Are there any recommendations for collection software that can scour digital archives and pull movie details based on folder names? I'm interested in embedding movie details into the folders that can easily be retrieved by smart set top players, such as ATV (FireCore) or Boxee. Any threads or documentation that you can point me towards is greatly appreciated.

Newbie here as well. Are there any recommendations for collection software that can scour digital archives and pull movie details based on folder names? I'm interested in embedding movie details into the folders that can easily be retrieved by smart set top players, such as ATV (FireCore) or Boxee. Any threads or documentation that you can point me towards is greatly appreciated.

MyMovies includes a tray application that real time scans the folders you point it at for new movie folders and saves some XML files and images to the movie folder that show up under the Movies in Windows Media Center with all the appropriate information. I don't have any of the devices you mentioned so I can't comment further regarding retrieval by same devices but it does list support for other than Media Center. (You may find the information you seek in the MyMovies user forums.)

MyMovies requires an account (free) and does have a pay component (to unlock various features) but the basic program is free and does the job okay. Also, you can contribute movie information to earn points that can be used to unlock the previously mentioned features and, so, get around the pay component for features you want. The pay component seemes reasonable and once you reach a certain point level, all features requiring that many points are unlocked. (Edit: there's an option for a 21-day trial that unlocks all features temporarily)

Check it out here: http://www.mymovies.dk/

Last edited:
Back