• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

DVD Burner wont work, please help.

fredd001

Hi, i dont know what dvd burner i got or w/e, but i have a DELL XPS 600.
It used to work fine, i burn movies and all, but like a few months ago it stoped working, i used Nero mostly, but since it did not work i tried various programs, but all did the same. The program wont recognize the empty dvd disc. It always says, please insert blank dvd. So how can i fix this, i ned my burner so bad!

Thanks.

Sounds like a dead drive.

a) Keep your license key file backed up safely
b) Uninstall Anydvd (start-->all programs-->Slysoft--->Anydvd-->Uninstall)
c) Reboot
d) Check to see if your system ("my computer") now reports a disc in drive. Do you see a video_ts folder (if you're using a dvd)? Do you see folders or files?

I have a Dell XPS Gen 3 which came with a Philips DVD+RW. It eventually went...wouldnt see discs as blank or when I was backing up a movie it said the original needed cleaning and wouldnt read it even when it was fresh out of the case and clean as a whistle. Put in a new DVD burner and its fine now.

There is a good program called BELARC advisor that will show you almost everything about your PC. Download it, and run it. Print the output, and make note of the DVD burner's specs.
If it tells you that the DVD burner is a Toshiba xxxxx, go to
the Toshiba-usa website and look for a driver or firmware upgrade for the DVD drive. Install whatever you find and reboot. This might be the solution to your problem.
The drive makers are always adding support for various disk types.
TigerDirerct.com has several DVD burners for sale for $39.00.
Good luck

Back