• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Dumping & Downgrading firmware on UHD Friendly Devices. (OUTDATED)

@TeddyRaspin

Here is the v1.02 DOSFLASH file from my LG BE16NU50, which has a BH16NS50 drive inside the enclosure. I also attached my patched 1.01 file, which worked but won't read UHD discs. Thanks in advance for your help!

Attachments

• BH16NS50_1.02_Original.bin.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 34
  • BH16NS50_1.01_Patched_Fail.bin.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 34
I can't imagine what the problem is.
If this is an option for you, you can also try the ASUS BW-16D1HT 3.02 firmware.

Both were made with the EEPROM Data Mover tool using your original dosflash dump.

EDIT: just had a look at your failed one.
Which clean firmware exactly have you used ? Source ?

Attachments

• LG101.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 40
  • ASUS302.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 46
Last edited:
@Terramex, thanks for the files. I’ll take the drive apart again tonight and give it another try. The clean files came from the link in @TeddyRaspin’s orignal post to this forum thread. I tried both the BE16NU50 and BH16NS50 v1.01 clean files, hand patched and patched with the EEPROM utility. Both worked the same - reports firmware version as 1.01, drive reads Bluray but not UHD discs.

Here are some firmwares you can test based on your dump.

I've not used the Eeprom Data Mover but doing as "old school method".

I also thank Terramex, but I'd like to do things by myself avoiding confusion please. ;)

Attachments

• TEST.zip
    3.9 MB · Views: 56
No need to apologize.
I was rushing in between, but didn't intend to preempt you :)

@TerryRaspin
The first file I tried was the TEST101.bin that you sent, and it worked! I am not sure what I previously did wrong or if my "clean" firmware was not so clean. Either way thanks for all the help! Thanks also to Terramex for your efforts.

TeddyRaspin were i can find Windows method to downgrade bh16sn55 103 to 102? thanks

The sticky up top of this forum section. That's why important info like that is stickied.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

@TerryRaspin

Just wanted to say a big thank you for this thread! I was lucky and already had an "UHD friendly" LG drive from 2016 since it still came with 1.01 back then, but thanks to you, I managed to "downgrade" two new according 1.03 drives to 1.02 today and now have two backup drives that can also read UHD-BDs.

It really took some patience today, since I had to resort to my older PC due to UEFI/IDE-trouble and when flashing the first drive I got 3 "write errors" first (panic!!!), but it worked when I retried and in the end it all just worked like a charm using the described windows method. :) Also upgraded my 1.01 drive to 1.02 while I was at it.

Thanks a lot!

i used the same dump for 2 bh16sn55 and 1 works perfectly one dv signature... i made a mistake using same dump?

Each device requires its own dump. The job you've made for the first BH16NS55 must be done again for the second one. ;)

You don't need to flash to 1.03 again. You only need to import data from the 1.03 fw to the 1.02 like you've done for the other unit. :)

i use the dump of 1st drive to make a firmware... then i flashed both with the same... now how i can have the correct dumpo of the 2nd drive? dv signature remain the same or change? my problem, is dv signature error on anydvd...

You did wrong to flash the same firmware on both devices. As I said before, each device requires its own firmware, so did you dump also the original firmware of the 2nd drive ?

If the answer is yes you can make a 1.02 firmware from the original dump and flash it on the 2nd drive, otherwise you will not be able to fix the DV signature error on AnyDVD and you can throw that unit in the toilet. ;)

At last :

1st dump -> 1st unit

2nd dump -> 2nd unit

i make a mistake ....shit
no way to upgrade with a official firmware? and set it like factory settings?
it reads normal bluray

No because the flasher is unable to reconstruct the missing or original drive signature data of that unit !!! :(

I've written that in my guide, make a dump first !!!!

If the faulty unit is new, you can try to make a RMA and waiting for the seller to send you a new unit which could come with 1.02 or other firmware (downgradable anyway).

This may be a dumb question, but . . .

Has anyone yet developed a method for dumping and then flashing the LG BE16NU50 drive through the USB connection (i.e., without disassembling and removing the drive)? I have limited, if any, options for connecting the inner drive to a motherboard; so if I can't work through USB, I'm basically screwed. (Needless to say, the drive arrived with firmware 1.02, and I need to roll it back to 1.01.) Thanks!

Back