• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Dumping & Downgrading firmware on UHD Friendly Devices. (OUTDATED)

I agree hart2hart, @TeddyRaspin did a great job explaining the process on the downgrade and I was able to do the same with my LG 1.03 to 1.02. And a THANK YOU to the Redfox team for all their hard work......

The firmware flashing process worked OK for me - Thanks
I received an LG BH16NS55 with firmware version 1.03 (so needed to downgrade or crossflash).

All my machines excepta Dell M1710 are too new to support IDE. I had to replace the DVD drive in that machine with an IDE SSDenclosure. I was then able to connect the LG drive using a 7pin SATA cable.That allowed me to boot USB run the LG drive as IDE and run dosflash. But I can see the IDE restriction being an obstaclefor some users.

I crossflashed the LGdrive to an ASUS BW16D1HT v 3.02

On the Asus website of course

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

where can i find the firmware for a asus bw 16d1ht ?
What exactly are you looking for ?
A firmware for downgrading/crossflashing, or an official flashing tool from ASUS to update your ASUS drive ?
Which drive/firmware do you currently have ?

i have the asus bw 16d1ht but my mb does not support ide! it only supports ahci... ideally id like region 0 uhd supporting firmware

how do i find out which firmware is installed?
There's no such thing as region 0, 0 = not set. That's different from region free, drive region only matters for DVD's not bluray. BD is stored at disc level.

As to what version. That's said in the AnyDVD status window next to your drive model

it wont read uhd disks i bought logan and hitmans bodyguard 4k versions and it says no disk in drive...

BW-16D1HT 1.01 version is very old. Thus your unit is not UHD friendly and will never be.

Asus has bought a new unit, based on SVC Code NS5x, which has the same name (BW-16D1HT) but different firmware (indeed it starts from 3.00 to 3.03).

both say they support mdiscs
M-disc is a special type of recordable disc. That has nothing to do with uhd readability. The same applies to bd-xl, I made that last mistake myself a while ago.

Back