Dumping & Downgrading firmware on UHD Friendly Devices.

Discussion in 'CD/DVD/BD Drives' started by TeddyRaspin, Feb 4, 2018.

1. DoXer

DoXer New Member

Hello TeddyRaspin,
    I have also an ASUS BW-16D1HT with Firmware 3.02 from January 2018.
    I was able to read the firmware with the help of your tutorial. Can you modify it for me, please ? I have attached it.
    Thank you in advance.

Regards
    Michael

Attached Files:

2. ace2jazz

ace2jazz Member

Hi Teddy,
    Many thanks for your quick response and I really do appreciate your expertise ( Sorry about the double posting of my earlier request). I must report that I am still unable to play UHD blu-ray moves because of "Drive's signature of the Dv value seems incorrect (bus encryption) ERROR processing Blu-ray disc, but I am able to play blu-ray movies. Any suggestions?

3. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator NL & Mod

You didn't flash someone else's firmware did you? That error means there's something wrong with the drive's firmware. That dv value is unique to each individual drive and is required for proper decryption.

Sent from my Nexus 7 with Tapatalk

4. ace2jazz

ace2jazz Member

Hi Ch3vrOn,
    Thanks for your reply. I must confess that I am new to this process and did use a firmware obtained from this thread. Are there any corrective measures I can take? If not I will purchase a new drive.

5. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator NL & Mod

That's your problem then. Firmware's posted here are modified for the specific drive of the poster who provided the original firmware dump.

A poster provides a firmware dump from their drive. That firmware is then modified by teddyRaspin to make it uhd friendly again. The modified firmware works for THAT SPECIFIC drive only, as there's a drive unique signature in it.

By using someone else's modified firmware you corrupted the drive's firmware of your drive. That's why there's a warning in the original post

I don't know off it will work, but you could try flashing one of LG's official flashers. Though I doubt it will.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

TeddyRaspin likes this.
  6. TeddyRaspin

TeddyRaspin Well-Known Member

@DoXer

Here is your modded fw.

Attached Files:

7. ace2jazz

ace2jazz Member

Hi Ch3vrOn, Thanks for prompt reply as well as your suggestion.

8. deathedit

deathedit New Member

hi TeddyRaspin,
    I have a ASUS BW-16D1HT with Firmware 3.02 from January 2018

9. TeddyRaspin

Attached Files:

10. deathedit

deathedit New Member

i just tested it and it's working :D

11. stevencjones

stevencjones New Member

Hi Teddy,

I had posted before, but I think it got lost in the newer posts. I have a LG BH16NS55 (attached original file below 1.03). Could you please help downgrade my firmware from 1.03 to 1.02? Also from reading the posts it looks like it is possible to cross-flash to the ASUS which gives a faster read speed. If that is possible, could you also please provide a file/direction on how to do that. Thanks

Steven

Attached Files:

12. TeddyRaspin

Attached Files:

13. Alambic_Talon

Alambic_Talon New Member

It's me again, I just got my replacement drive so could you please work your magic (one last time, I promise!) to revert to 1.02? :D

Many, many, many thanks!!!!

Attached Files:

14. TeddyRaspin

@Alambic_Talon

Here is your modded fw (LG and ASUS if you need it).

Attached Files:

15. Alambic_Talon

Alambic_Talon New Member

You are one awesome person (subtitle: IT'S WORKING).

16. ace2jazz

ace2jazz Member

Hi Teddy, I received a new LG WH16NS40 , manufactured in 4/2018, with FW 1.03. Kindly modify the firmware. Many thanks in advance.

Attached Files:

17. TeddyRaspin

Attached Files:

18. ace2jazz

ace2jazz Member

Hi Teddy, Just to let you know that it works perfectly. Thanks once again. Keep up the good work.

19. hiohio

hiohio New Member

I bought WH16NS60 (manufactured march 2018) rom ver:1.01
    Would you please modify my FW

Attached Files:

20. TeddyRaspin

@hiohio

Here is your modded fw.

Attached Files: