• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Dumping & Downgrading firmware on UHD Friendly Devices. (OUTDATED)

Hi Teddy, I was looking and tried few potential solutions for my WH16NS40 without great success. After following your instructions I finally was able to downgrade from 1.03 to 1.02.
Thanks a lot.

Hi Teddy, I was able to dump my firmware from L GWH16NS4 Can you help me to update ? Thanks!

Last edited:
@Jon2493

Here is your modded firmware (1.02). Try it and report feedback please.

Attachments

• TEST102.ZIP
    1.3 MB · Views: 6
As expected, it works great Teddy! Thank you for your help!!

Any issues with leaving the firmware in the posts? with the drive signature being unique?

I ask this as I look over my shoulder and adjust my tinfoil hat...

Thanks again! You rock!

No issues at all leaving firmwares posted, as your firmware will work only on your device.

Hello TeddyRaspin, hello guys !
I have an ASUS BW-16D1HT with Firmware 3.02 from January 2018 and it does not read UHD discs.
I was able to read the firmware with the help of your tutorial. Can you modd it for me, please ? I have attached it.

Attachments

• asus302.rar
    1.2 MB · Views: 11
@TeddyRaspin - Thanks so very much. I followed your instructions and edited my own firmware for my BE16NU50, worked a treat!

(Note to anyone finding this on google: You need to take the drive out of its USB enclosure and connect it directly via SATA. Then follow the instructions as normal. After you erase the firmware and run DOSFLASH again, you may get some error about not being able to identify the drive - don't panic and just wait, it'll allow you to continue after a bit.)

Huge thanks to @TeddyRaspin for his guide on downgrading firmware. It's important that your BIOS support IDE mode and not just AHCI. I have a Gigabyte ax370-gaming k7 and was unable to dump the firmware using the Windows 7 Live CD or the DOS method. I then tried on another computer with a SUPERMICRO X9SRL-F ATX Server Motherboard which supports IDE mode and it worked flawlessly (using the DOS method).

Hi TeddyRaspin, could you please create a 1.02 firmware for my LG BH16NS55 (a drive that happened to not read BDs and UHDs (but read DVDs) any more since Thursday (it also happened last November, I got it replaced with a new one, but I guess something's definitely wrong with it...))? Attached is my firmware dump (I updated the firmware just in case, because I guess I'll have to buy a new one again...).

Many thanks in advance!!!!! :)

Attachments

• Dump firmware 1.03 LG BH16NS55.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Awesome, thanks a lot!!!!! It worked, although the driver still doesn't read Blu-rays, so I guess I'll be back soon when I have replaced it ;)

Hi Teddy,
Re: ASUS BW-16D1HT, February, 2018, 3.02 firmware.
Kindly modify the firmware.
Please note that when I attempted to play UHD blu-ray movies, the message: "Drive's signature of the Dv value seems incorrect (bus encryption) ERROR processing Blu-ray disc."

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• originalfirmware.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 4
Last edited:
@ace2jazz

This should work fine for both UHD and Bluray discs.

Attachments

• TEST302.ZIP
    1.3 MB · Views: 6
Hi Teddy,

Could you please kindly help downgrade my firmware from 1.03 to 1.02 for my LG BH16NS55 (attached original file below). Are you also able to provide files/advice on how to cross-flash to the ASUS firmware? From reading the posts it looks like this is possible and gives a faster read speed. Thanks

Steven

Attachments

• 1.03 original.bin.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 2
Back