• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Dumping & Downgrading firmware on UHD Friendly Devices. (OUTDATED)

Are you the same user of the other forum asking to extract bin file from the fw linked there ?

If yes, a valid link has been already provided to you. ;)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UhQqjNCiNt3YaxLUjcpR-x7HVbW5A8Nd/view?usp=sharing

Yes, that is me on the other forum.and thank you for the quick reply. I just want to know how to extract the fw.bin from the executable so I can experiment

with 3 other firwares I found on the web. Again Thanks a lot for helping me, cheers!

Many thanks Teddy - much appreciated (y) Drive is ordered :cool:

If I may, when it arrives, I'll get the firmware dump to you for modification, if that's OK?

Cheers :)

Hi Teddy,

Got my drive (BH16NS55, SVC Code: NS55) this afternoon. Manufactured March 2018. ROM Ver: 1.03

Please find extracted firmware file attached. Also screen grab of 'Read' window.

Could you do the honours please?

Very much appreciated.

JTK

Attachments

• BH16NS55_1-03_JTK_Read.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 11
  • Read_Flash_window.zip
    33.4 KB · Views: 10
@TeddyRaspin while i certainly wanna thank you for doing this for the community in your spare time, maybe you should start asking a few $$ to do this. Nobody works for free, and otherwise more and more people will ask you to do it until you'll probably say "no more, it's all i've been doing lately" at a certain point.

@Ch3vr0n

You're absolutely right, but a free solution already exists (my own guide), thus I'm not so sure a few $$ will be the best way for doing something good for next users.

Hi Teddy, I'm really sorry to bother you again, but the write error freaked me out and I bought a second drive - I'm sure it's fine, but I figured it's always good to have a spare. Is there any way you can do one more for me and I'll quit bugging you forever? :)

Thanks again for all the help you've provided!

Attachments

• ASUS2.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 6
@Ch3vr0n

You're absolutely right, but a free solution already exists (my own guide), thus I'm not so sure a few $$ will be the best way for doing something good for next users.
True but free is if they do it themselves, in this case you're doing it. And perhaps a modest $5 per firmware is more than reasonable. But ultimately it's your choice.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

Hi Teddy, this may seem like a dumb question, but in the Steps for dumping firmware : (DOS Method) you say to Unzip on USB root the DOSFLASH.zip attached file.
I assume you mean the DOSFLASH_LG.zip file. Correct?

Here is the attached fw for you (TEST102.zip)

Same for you (JBirdie-FW.zip). In your case I've attached two fw mods, asus rips faster than LG but try the one you like.
They should work fine.

Hi TeddyRaspin,

I'm new in this forum, but I have the same request as JBirdie: I have the 1.03.rom from a BH16HNS55 and wanna try both the 1.02.rom and the ASUS one.
Is this possible?
Thank you in advance.

Mario

Attachments

• VER103.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 3
Hey Teddy,

Can you work your magic for creating a 1.02 firmware for my LG WH16NS40? Attached is my dump and a snapshot of the DosFlash read of the drive.

Thank you,

Brodin

Attachments

• DosFlash_Snapshot.png
    DosFlash_Snapshot.png
    23.6 KB · Views: 19
  • LG_WH16NS40_SVC_NS50_FW103_March_2018.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 13
Hi TeddyRaspin,
Thank you very much for the file. It works perfectly.
Is it possible to get a compatible ASUS rom AS well? I wanna try to see a difference.

Best regards.
Mario

Here it is. (Test302.zip attached file)

Hey Teddy,

Can you work your magic for creating a 1.02 firmware for my LG WH16NS40? Attached is my dump and a snapshot of the DosFlash read of the drive.

Thank you,

Brodin

Here it is. (Test102.zip attached file)

Attachments

• TEST302.ZIP
    1.3 MB · Views: 6
  • TEST102.ZIP
    1.3 MB · Views: 12
Back