• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Dumping & Downgrading firmware on UHD Friendly Devices. (OUTDATED)

Hello Teddy,
I'm very sorry.
Would you be so kind to modify my firiend's firmware for me, too?

Thank you very much.

Here we go. Please test it and report feedback.

Attachments

• TEST300.ZIP
    1.1 MB · Views: 8
When doing the (Windows Method), can I just use a windows 7 computer (I still have running) and start at the step "Wait few seconds to allow Windows 7 properly loaded and as soon as the Windows 7 desktop appears......"?

Edit: I just read the whole thread. My win7 may hang if the bois is set to do this guide.

Last edited:
You can simply use a Live Windows 7 edition, to put on a USB stick and load OS from USB with no hangs at all.

Teddy-san

Thanks your reply & help.
Both my and my friend's drive work fine!
I finished ripping UHD-BD "GxxTxxA" with them.

Hey, just succeeded in reading my .bin, could you please do your magic?
As you said to someone else here a crossflash to the Asus is better, could you do a crossflash from my .bin?
Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• test1.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 6
Hi Teddy,

I have a LG WH16NS60 "Real" UHD drive. Can you use my firmware to turn it into a ASUS "UHD Friendly" drive.
Thanks!

Attachments

• WH16NS60.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 19
Hey, just succeeded in reading my .bin, could you please do your magic?
As you said to someone else here a crossflash to the Asus is better, could you do a crossflash from my .bin?
Thanks in advance.

Here is the attached fw for you (TEST102.zip)

Hi Teddy,

I have a LG WH16NS60 "Real" UHD drive. Can you use my firmware to turn it into a ASUS "UHD Friendly" drive.
Thanks!

Same for you (JBirdie-FW.zip). In your case I've attached two fw mods, asus rips faster than LG but try the one you like.
They should work fine.

Attachments

• TEST102.ZIP
    1.3 MB · Views: 10
  • JBirdie-FW.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 17
Hi, I have "11 write errors occurred" this is while doing the steps in the guide...
  • Once you have prepared the UHD friendly firmware, reboot Windows 7 Live PE from USB and run DOSFLASH_BH16NS40.exe again. This time, select first "Erase Flash", and then "Write Flash".
  • Select the firmware you prepared before, and wait for the task to be completed.
I will flash the original back and try again.

Edit: So second time write to flash worked! no errors. Going to try some backups now.

Last edited:
Hi, so I have the yellow asterix in windows 8.1 and the status of "Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)"
I disabled CSM in the Asus motherboard z87 bios, does anyone know what I can do now?
I'm going to try the registry to refresh the dvd/cd-rom entries.

EDIT: That reg trick 'delete upper and lower filters' worked!!

Last edited:
Thanks for the files Teddy. I had an issue with the ASUS file but the LG one worked after a few tries. I had an erase firmware issue but tried again an it wrote the firmware successfully. I was able to copy a UHD disc.

Hi Teddy,
Would you please be so kind and modify my firmware, too? I followed all your instructions, and was successful in obtaining a firmware dump for my LG BH16NS55. Unfortunately, this drive shipped with the 1.03 firmware, so I can't even read UHD discs now. Can you please modify my dump so I can try 1.02? I would really appreciate your help in this.
Thank you so much for everything, Teddy.

Attachments

• mydumptrevor.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 6
Here we go. Please test it and report feedback.

Hi Teddy,

Spent a few hours trying different iterations but now I'm stuck. I followed your guide for a Asus BW-16D1HT with version 1.01, I've tried with V3.2 and 3.1 known working firms. The downgrading process seems to work but with some differences that are perhaps the reason why I'm not getting the drive to read any disks after downgrading. I can put the original dump back in the drive and everything is fine, minus the UHD friendly part. Seems the part of the process where I take the sections of the code from the original dump and paste them into a UHD friendly firmware done the address ranges does not exactly match. Your guide says 0x1E8000 to 0X1E84FF, but in my original dump the range stops at 0X1E84F0. I tried the EEPROM data mover an same result.

I've tried continuing with the process using 0x1E8000 to 0X1E84F0 but when windows spins up again it will not recognize either Bluray or UHD. Even with the EEPROM data Mover I suspect because the address locations are different us why it doesn't work for me either. I can load back the original dump with no trouble. Can you have a look at my original 1.01 firmware or let me know if you think you know what I've done wrong?

Thanks

CryptiK

Attachments

• Asus 1.01 Drive Firmware Dump.rar
    1.1 MB · Views: 13
Asus BW-16D1HT 1.01 device has no UHD reading capabilities and can't be upgraded to 3.00 or 3.01 due to different chipset (MediaTEK) version.

You need to buy a more recent drive. :(

@TeddyRaspin

Hello TeddyRaspin! Much like most here I bought from Amazon and was just delivered the Asus BW-16D1HT with the 3.02 "NON" friendly UHD firmware...i read your guide and thank you very much first and foremost! After some trial and error i was able to dump my original firmware from the drive. Can you work your magic, sorcery, voodoo and change it to the "friendly" UHD 3.02 firmware? I am not too familiar with HEX Editing so wonder if the pro could help me. Thank you kindly in advance...

Attachments

• dvdflashorig.rar
    1.2 MB · Views: 5
Hi Teddy,

A few days ago I received my LG BE16NU50 from Amazon and of course it had the version 1.02 firmware, I can't read UHD 4k disk, so can you make your possible for changing that with the original dumping firmware I've just sent to you with this message, can you modify the firmware 1.02 to 1.01 ( or another one more faster :D ) for it to work with uhd 4k disk.

Last question, after having received the modified firmware, do I flash directly on my drive with dosflash ?

Thanks in advance, Mike.

Attachments

• 102.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 5
@Mike31

Here is your modded firmware and yes....you have to flash it via dosflash.

Attachments

• TEST101.ZIP
    1.3 MB · Views: 4
Back