• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Dumping & Downgrading firmware on UHD Friendly Devices. (OUTDATED)

I can't analyze anydvd hd log file. Copy and paste anydvd status log.

@TeddyRaspin, does my LG REBE16NU50 fall under your method??

I'm attaching my AnyDVD HD log file.
I can teddy but it's not a full logfile (just a basic system info version, logfiles are WITH a sec inside the drive).

That said, he's got v1.01 on his drive.

@gong WTF u need 14 virtual drives for :p

Sent from my Nexus 7 with Tapatalk

I can teddy but it's not a full logfile (just a basic system info version, logfiles are WITH a sec inside the drive).

That said, he's got v1.01 on his drive.

@gong WTF u need 14 virtual drives for :p

Sent from my Nexus 7 with Tapatalk
Chev, I just like to play my shows and movies with PowerDVD. :)

When I get home, I'll post a regular AnyDVD log.

Chev, I just like to play my shows and movies with PowerDVD. :)

When I get home, I'll post a regular AnyDVD log.
No need mate. Saw your firmware version on the system info file too ;-)

FYI you can also see it directly in AnyDVD itself. It's on the status window, next to your drive model.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

No need mate. Saw your firmware version on the system info file too ;-)

FYI you can also see it directly in AnyDVD itself. It's on the status window, next to your drive model.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk
So I'm good then?

(y)

I forgot to mention that if you want to use dosflash (e.g. for crossflashing) with that USB model you have to take the enclosure apart (which is very easy) and connect the drive via SATA.
I see.

I'm going to be out of town for a few weeks, so I won't be able to get to it until I get back.

I originally had gotten a new WH14NS40, however, the drive was defective, the tray kept opening and closing by itself, so I returned it.

I purchased a WH16NS60 manufactured January 2018, service code NS60. From other posts I have read, it looks like that drive can be downgraded to a WH16NS55 and as a result, be made UHD friendly.

Following the instructions in this thread, I downloaded the firmwares file, and I see no file for the WH16NS55. On re-reading the procedure, it looks like I might be able to use the WH16NS40 firmware in the file instead of WH16NS55 firmware to achieve the same result. Is this correct? If so, what version of the WH16NS40 firmware should I use?

If I cannot use the WH16NS40 firmware, does anyone have a copy of the correct version of the WH16NS55 firmware?

Thanks.

Hi,

I have an LG NS55 and been following the Steps for dumping firmware : (Windows Method) from page 1 and when I run DOSFLASH32_BH16NS40.exe I get this error:

MTK Vendor Intro to Master on port 0xD040 failed.
If you choose to resend the command you should turn the drive off and on after you pressed "Yes".
Do you want to resend the command until the drive responds?

I can see the LG drive in My Computer but if I hit "Yes" the LG drive disappears. If I hit "No" The Name: under Flash Chip Properties = "MTK Vendor Intro failed!" but under Device Properties Name: 1.03 HL -DT-ST BD-RE BH16NS55.

The Read Flash button is enabled but when I click it I get the error "No known flash chip on this port!"

Sometimes I can see the LG drive in my My Computer and then sometimes its gone.

i have all SATA controllers set to IDE.

Can you help please?

You can try to run again the dosflash32 exe. Did you set Sata Controller as IDE ? Did you connect it to the Primary Sata controller ?

Did you boot from a windows 7 live USB ?

You can try to run again the dosflash32 exe. Did you set Sata Controller as IDE ? Did you connect it to the Primary Sata controller ?

Did you boot from a windows 7 live USB ?

Thanks for your prompt reply.

You can try to run again the dosflash32 exe = Yes
Did you set Sata Controller as IDE = Yes
Did you connect it to the Primary Sata controller = No
Did you boot from a windows 7 live USB = Yes

Connect it as primary device on the sata controller and disable any other sata/ide devices. DOSFlash must see only the LG device connected.

This worked thank you!

Could I ask if you could please modify my 1.03 bin file as I am not familiar with hex editors?

Attachments

• LG BH 16NS55 1.03.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 17
Thank you so much, this has been flashed to my LG and is working perfectly! Ripping Dunkirk 4K BD as a test, ripping speed 12.55MB/s estimated time ~1hr 15mins. Is this normal? I read other people getting close 30MB/s with ASUS flash is this possible for my LG?

Edit: Actually with a bit of patience I noticed the speed is now at 23MB/s which really isn't that bad.

Last edited:
Yes, of course you can use the crossflasher and use an ASUS 3.xx firmware (except 3.03 version) which increases read speed.

@TeddyRaspin
Thank's!!!!!
I've buy a BE16NU50 in Amazon but have a 1.02 firmware. With your guide I've flashed the 1.01 firmware. Now read UHD and Anydvd work fine.

Back