• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Dumping & Downgrading firmware on UHD Friendly Devices. (OUTDATED)

pioneer BDR-211UBK does this support uhd?
is it any good or...??? is there better?
That Pioneer is the first fully compliant UHD drive.
But fully compliant also means it can not be used to rip UHD discs with AnyDVD HD or similar programs.
So you better stick to the UHD friendly list Whirlpool posted.

I think the LG WH16NS60 is also a fully compliant UHD drive but as was said its better to stick with the Friendly drives for the time being. Rumor has it that the LG WH16NS60 will soon be able to be downgraded via a firmware flash to be a Friendly drive but I havent seen any evidence of that yet.

I've successfully upgraded my BH16NS55 to WH16NS60 as well as downgraded or crossflashed WH16NS60 to BH16NS55 (as well as ASUS units).

WH16NS60 uses same MediaTek chipset of BH16NS55, so it will be always possible (having a valid firmware dump) to flash it to another similar device and make it UHD friendly, instead of keeping as a Real UHD drive. ;)

I can attach screens if needed.

Hi guys ...

So having an ASUS BW16D1HT with a v3.0 FW is wonderful and the drive should NOT be touched in any way as it will read UHD discs "for life" ??

LePousson

You can safely upgrade to 3.02 if you want to, but don't touch 3.03 ;)

I've downgraded a previously upgraded BH16NS55, but as someone gave me a WH16NS60 full dump using DOSFLASH,
it is possible to write on WH16NS60 any compatible firmware, including also the BH16NS55 or ASUS one. ;)

First of all to thank TeddyRaspin.
my LG BH16NS55 firm 1.03 go down to version 1.02 without problems, everything perfectly, thank you very much for the tutorial, and the collaboration, it's great to work with people like that. Thank you very much

Finally updated my guide with the Windows method, which should work for many users, instead of the DOS method (which is more complex). ;)

thank you very much teacher, this method of windows, is the one that I use and it is excellent, many thanks

Ok, thank you very much for the great method to flash the drives!! Just to be shure: I have a BH16NS55 with FW 1.03 but the sticker says SVC Code: NS55 (not the NS50 !). Is it still possible to downgrade or crossflash the drive? Or can I send it back to the dealer?
Thanks!

Ok, thank you very much for the great method to flash the drives!! Just to be shure: I have a BH16NS55 with FW 1.03 but the sticker says SVC Code: NS55 (not the NS50 !). Is it still possible to downgrade or crossflash the drive? Or can I send it back to the dealer?
Thanks!

Use the guide an downgrade to 1.02

@TeddyRaspin thanks so much for your efforts to help the rest of us! I bought a LG BE15NU50 from Best Buy that arrived with 1.02 firmware. It took 3 discs before my old befuddled brain figured out this drive would not read UHD discs with AnyDVD HD or MakeMKV. Your guide to firmware downgrade was spot on.

Great fun, I have not manually patched firmware for many years.

Use the guide an downgrade to 1.02
Of course... naturally I have read and will use the guide. I would like crossflash my FW to an ASUS BW-16D1HT 3.02. But this is not why I'm asked. I asked because TeddyRaspin wrote the procedure is (only?) successful for drives with the SVC Code NS50 and similar. Would the SVC NS55 similar enough to the NS50 for successful crossflashing? My drive is new and build in Dec. 2017.

Another question: must I really remove all other SATA devices from the mainboard, also the boot-drive?

Have a beautiful day!

Of course... naturally I have read and will use the guide. I would like crossflash my FW to an ASUS BW-16D1HT 3.02. But this is not why I'm asked. I asked because TeddyRaspin wrote the procedure is (only?) successful for drives with the SVC Code NS50 and similar. Would the SVC NS55 similar enough to the NS50 for successful crossflashing? My drive is new and build in Dec. 2017.

Another question: must I really remove all other SATA devices from the mainboard, also the boot-drive?

Have a beautiful day!

Svc ns55 is good.
About the removal of sata devices, I dont know.

If you try the Windows method, what you need is to set the SATA controller, which handles the optical unit, as IDE and boot with CSM enabled (not UEFI).

But if the same SATA controller handles also the boot hard drive, it could hang your system. You should try to prepare an USB stick with a Windows 7 Live PE installed on it (following my guide).

I thought I had this fixed, but after I patched and loaded v1.01 on a LG BE16NU50 it still won't read UHD discs. The drive works and it reports firmware v1.01 in AnyDVD HD / MakeMKV. It reads regular bluray discs as before. But it still reports "no disc inserted" after a few seconds when I try a UHD disc using all available tools (AnyDVD HD, MakeMKV, De-UHD). I tried manually patching the firmware, and then again patching with the EPROM_Data_Mover. Same results both ways. FWIW the drive inside the BE16NU50 plastic enclosure is marked BH16NS50. Any ideas? Or should I just restore firmware 1.02, pack up the drive and send it back?

@mgluee

Well, send me your original dump and I'll send you a valid and fully working firmware. ;)

I've two valid solutions for enabling UHD Friendly capabilities on your device. :)

Back