Dumping & Downgrading firmware on UHD Friendly Devices. (OUTDATED)

Discussion in 'CD/DVD/BD Drives' started by TeddyRaspin, Feb 4, 2018.

1. kufo

kufo Well-Known Member

If you look in AnyDVD status window you can see the name of your drive and its firmware. Older firmware versions can be found here in the forum.
    I think thereĀ“s no need to backup this. If you take the "firmware changer modified" you can easyly go up or down with the versions.
    Depending on your drive you only have to find the right, friendly firmware for it.

2. SamuriHL

SamuriHL Moderator

Backup is only required with the older, unsafe dosflash method of flashing. The newer windows based flashing methods are only changing the firmware using the drive's internal firmware upgrade process so there's very little danger of bricking a drive (DO NOT flash ns40 drives that are not NS50 sevice code). So yes, you can flash any MK or DE firmware provided you are not on a restricted firmware. If you are, then flash the MK firmware version first, then you can downgrade to whatever you want.

kufo likes this.
  3. kufo

kufo Well-Known Member

Very important hint.

4. Pichulec

Pichulec Member

I have crossflashed with success to asus bw-16d1ht 3.10 mk. It is bluray writer not reader. I wanted to flash proper ASUS-BC-12D2HT 3.00 after but now I am getting error #5. Is there no come back to BC-12D2HT after crossflash?? Also, is asus bw-16d1ht firmare making blue ray reader a writer?? What are differences?

5. coopervid

coopervid Well-Known Member

6. Pichulec

Pichulec Member

So what are differences between those two?? And what firmwares you are talking about?? Is there no go back to orginal but friendly firmware (ASUS-BC-12D2HT 3.00 - orginal was 3.11)? How to sort out error 5?? I can flash any asus bw-16d1ht firmware now but no ASUS-BC-12D2HT.

I am rider already :p

7. coopervid

Which differences are you talking about? There is a specific firmware for the ASUS BC-12D2HT I assumed you have from your post.

8. coopervid

You should precisly state what you have and what you want to do.

9. Pichulec

Pichulec Member

Difference between ASUS BC-12D2HT and asus bw-16d1ht. I know, one is reader, one is writer but other than that? What exactly crossflash gives me. And why error 5 coming up when i try to flash orginal firmware (but lower version). English is not my first language, so sorry for confusion.

10. coopervid

Cross flashing this drive to 16D1HT was just a brute method to enable UHD friendlyness. To rip UHDs. You should flash the appropriate ASUS BC-12D2HT firmware as this firmware fits your drive and capabilities.

11. Pichulec

Pichulec Member

And thats what i want to do, but Error Updating failure #5 in windows asus flasher is stopping me.

12. coopervid

@TeddyRaspin ,

I think we have to unpin your post now. It's outdated and dangerous. However, thanks a bunch. I flashed my first drive following your instructions. But most people will not have the knowledge and the new ways are a lot easier and much safer.

kufo and whatever_gong82 like this.
  13. TeddyRaspin

TeddyRaspin Well-Known Member

14. SamuriHL

SamuriHL Moderator

Someone apparently took care of it.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk