• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Dump or Not To Dump

raylyncorvette

I have been reading all the posts lately about some members having difficulty with the operation of the new RedFox software. Now I'm probably going to ask a fairly dumb question here but I am ready to take the plunge and purchase the product. The "dumb" question is this...would it be better if I were to dump the existing SlySoft program on my computer and perform a clean install or just do an overwrite and take my chances. I was thinking a fresh install would probably give me less headaches and nothing from the past hanging it up. Anyone have any suggestions?

There's no difference functionality wise between undertaking over the top or fresh install. The only real difference when you uninstall first is that the program's installation folder will change from slysoft to redfox. That's it.

A new license key will be needed either way obviously

I can only give you my own experience as a long time SlySoft user, and after making an image backup of my entire C drive (if needed), chose to install the new AnyDVD HD in the same slysoft folder, entered my registration key, and there was absolutely no problems or issues. I am running Win 7 Pro. My main use is to put my collection on my own private NAS, using MyMovies, a Nimbie and/or LG BR Drive and streaming from the NAS to my Dune Smart D1 & Dune Solo.

I can say for one opinion to install it on existing Slysoft. You may want to make an image backup for easy restore if things don't work out.

I guess that answers my question (sort of). If I load over the top it will always indicate that SlySoft is still the functioning program according to the folder but if I perform a clean install I will get the RedFox logo and all that comes with it. Is this correct?

It hasn't indicated about slysoft since the first interim versions. Even the interim versions had the RedFox logo's

I did the following.
I set a system restore point.
Uninstalled Slysoft AnyDVD - including reg info - and deleted vestigal Slysoft folder left behind.
Installed the new Redfox AnyDVD from the DL page.
Used my new license to register it.
NO issues at all.
-W

Same here uninstall CloneCD, CloneDVDmobile and reinstall RedFox version and it created a new folder for RedFox. Haven't tried Anydvd HD yet but will after I purchase the RedFox version here in few weeks.

Same here uninstall CloneCD, CloneDVDmobile and reinstall RedFox version and it created a new folder for RedFox. Haven't tried Anydvd HD yet but will after I purchase the RedFox version here in few weeks.

You mean you didn't include AnyDVD-HD in the bundle discount ??
Why replace the other two first when they are still working?
AnyDVD seems to be the priority for most people.

-W (confused)

No, I got Anydvd HD 8 right now but because of my Visa Fraud blocks I have to call to get them to fix it and then I will purchase the new Anydvd HD and uninstall the old one and reinstall RedFox Anydvd HD into the RedFox folder that CloneCD, CloneDVDmobile installed into. After that my new puchase I can be happy it will continue to work for DVD and BD.

I guess that answers my question (sort of). If I load over the top it will always indicate that SlySoft is still the functioning program according to the folder but if I perform a clean install I will get the RedFox logo and all that comes with it. Is this correct?

Yes, you get the RedFox logo and all that comes with it. For me AnyDVD HD stayed in the C:\Program Files (x86)\SlySoft\AnyDVD folder, but all the icons in that folder and the system tray are the RedFox icon. I bought LTL of the trio of AnyDVD HD, Clone CD, and DVD Mobile, and didn't uninstall existing Slysoft. No problems with any of them installing or working.

I will uninstall Anydvd HD, CloneCD, CloneDVDmobile so they will install into the RedFox directory. That's just me.

I did a complete uninstall of SlySoft AnyDVD so I could remove all traces of the licenses and have AnyDVD install in the "proper" RedFox sub-folder. Not needed, really.

I just want to thank everyone for their comments and information. After reading the many replies I think it would be best to remove AnyDvd and CloneCD and all associated files as well. This way I can be sure nothing will crop up from the past and cause an issue. Again thanks to everyone and good luck,

While that is more than likely overkill, I tend to like overkill personally. :)
Personal preference really. But I like to keep my drives really clean.
-W

Back