• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Dumb Question /HDDVD

DavidS

Hi - every time I try to go to: https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/fre...dvds-and-blu-rays-read-before-you-post.20702/

I get a 'connection was reset' and a blank page.... Can't see or read the tips/info.

Own a few HDDVD movies. My HDDVD drive - seems to be dying; and it is about time I probably got these converted to a different format.

Using anydvd hd - ripped one (Lethal Weapon 2) as an Iso to the hard drive. Plays fine using a very antiquated (powerdvd 7.3). However that is the only program/software that will play it - that I have...

Want to get these converted to either 'normal' dvd or BD.

However - neither CloneBD or CloneDVD deal with HDDVD's... (or so I understand & have observed.)

Someone please suggest the appropriate software or steps required to take?

Thank you.

D.

Hi - every time I try to go to: https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/fre...dvds-and-blu-rays-read-before-you-post.20702/

I get a 'connection was reset' and a blank page.... Can't see or read the tips/info.

Own a few HDDVD movies. My HDDVD drive - seems to be dying; and it is about time I probably got these converted to a different format.

Using anydvd hd - ripped one (Lethal Weapon 2) as an Iso to the hard drive. Plays fine using a very antiquated (powerdvd 7.3). However that is the only program/software that will play it - that I have...

However - neither CloneBD or CloneDVD deal with HDDVD's... (or so I understand & have observed.)

Thank you.

D.
Try Clown BD, which can be found here, and doing a search on this Forum, here, since it was written by a former Mod on this very Forum. You will still need AnyDVD HD running in the background, of course.

I warn you, it can be a bit complicated, but I still use it from time to time right to this very day.

Good luck with those old HD-DVDs!!

WOW! SWEET!! Just converted a HDDVD into a perfectly playable BD; (Fantastic Screen Image/Resolution) & I can always simplify the BD using CloneBD if I want - later down the road...
Thanks for the reply and links 'whatever_going82' and thanks to the person(s) who spent MANY hours writing the code...
Took me just a bit to figure out the program (Clown BD) - but got that done. Someone else did the hard part. Thanks again, going to get those all converted.
D.

WOW! SWEET!! Just converted a HDDVD into a perfectly playable BD; (Fantastic Screen Image/Resolution) & I can always simplify the BD using CloneBD if I want - later down the road...
Thanks for the reply and links 'whatever_going82' and thanks to the person(s) who spent MANY hours writing the code...
Took me just a bit to figure out the program (Clown BD) - but got that done. Someone else did the hard part. Thanks again, going to get those all converted.
D.
The guy who did is a former Mod to the Slysoft Forum that goes by the name of mike_r.

His program still works even on my Windows 10 Pro PC.

Anyway, I'm glad that you got your HD-DVDs being able to be backed up.

:)

Thank you.

D.
FYI:
If you're having a hard time finding a GGC-H20L. You can also use the HDDVD add-on for the Xbox 360 and they are still able to be found. Just plug it into the USB port on the PC to make it a external HD-DVD ROM drive. Just remember that it is a reader only and not a burner. It handles HDDVD/DVD/CD disc's with no problems.

Back