Is there a way to backup my DVD's on the Dual Layer media without it screwing up the movie? Every Time It seems i hits that layer break I am guessing the dvd player lags out...
Follow these steps:
1. Update your burner's firmware if possible. Visit your burner's website to check for firmware upgrades.
2. Use Verbatim +R DL discs only
(ensure they are made in Singapore)
3. Try Anydvd 22.214.171.124 or later
3. Change the booktype of the +R DL media to "dvd-rom". Use Nero cd-dvd speed to do this if you have to: http://www.cdspeed2000.com/
This is a free program. (Click "Extra", then "Bitsetting". Make the change to "dvd-rom" and click "set".)
4. Use Clonecd (not Clonedvd2) to retain to original layer break position. Clonedvd2 cannot do this. And you can only retain the original layer break position when using +R DL blank discs.
5. With Anydvd running in the background, open Clonecd and click a few times. You do not need to waste time using several different programs or ripping first (and then switching to imgburn). Generally, a 4x write speed works well with Verbatim +R DL media that is advertised at 2.4x.