• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

dual layer "print to hub" media

mimaro46

I have been using verbatim data life media for the last couple years to back up and print onto my discs. However I am having problems finding dual layer discs that will allow you to "print to Hub" as the single layer verbatim do. any suggestions? I am using a Brother mfcj825-dw printer.

I have been using verbatim data life media for the last couple years to back up and print onto my discs. However I am having problems finding dual layer discs that will allow you to "print to Hub" as the single layer verbatim do. any suggestions? I am using a Brother mfcj825-dw printer.

DL Blu-ray or DL DVD ?

Where are you located? The best burning/printing hub-print DVD+R DL are made by Falcon. Their Smart Guard glossy waterproofs print even prettier than TY watershields :).

Unless you are in Europe and can track down some Verbatim hub-print AZO DLs.

Last edited:
computeruniverse.net is where i get my verbatim's. Whether it be cd, dvd or blu-ray. Work like a charm, everytime

Ah, yes. It appears they do carry them :). But as Verbatim has seen fit to keep their hub-print 2P DLs out of our hands in the US, Falcon has been the best hub-print choice over here.

Its truly infuriating that after refusing to ever market their HUB-printable 2P DVD+R DLs over here, they are now marketing spindles of Verbatim hub-print DVD+R DL in the US(and elsewhere) that contains a mid to poor quality Chinese-made IS(inverse stack) DVD+R DL :(.

@ mimaro46: Please be certain that any Verbatim DL that you buy have the AZO logo on them-

verb dl hub-print azo19K.png

Last edited:
You must get different Falcon media over there to us, All my customers who've used them have had issues with them, got them to swap to Verbatim and the burning issues disappeared.

Thanks for your input., I will ck out the Falcon media. the Verbatim dl dvd will not allow you to print all the way to the hub., at least not any I can find.

sure they do but that has nothing to do with verbatim with ur printer settings. I can print just fine to the inside circle. Just not to the last mm of the outside due to printer.

Thanks for your input., I will ck out the Falcon media. the Verbatim dl dvd will not allow you to print all the way to the hub., at least not any I can find.

You're welcome. You are located in the US? What burners do you have?

Last edited:
Thanks, yes I am located in the US. without tearing my system apart, all I can say is that my burner is a newer LG, bought for all the good reviews from the guys here at slysoft. also, am using corel paintshop prox4 for the print layout and printing.

You must get different Falcon media over there to us, All my customers who've used them have had issues with them, got them to swap to Verbatim and the burning issues disappeared.
Drives' burn strategies for Verbatim DLs are certainly more mature than they are for the Falcons. Falcon DLs used the RICOH DL disc ID until about 1 1/2 years ago. Ricoh has not made discs or supported their disc IDs with drive manufacturers for many years now, and Falcon needed to do something to have an active role in tweaking the burn quality of their discs with drive makers. They switched to their own FTI DL disc ID. And actively working with drive manufacturers to help them get it right. But yes, unfortunately a few drives still do not handle them as easily as Verbs.

Thanks, yes I am located in the US. without tearing my system apart, all I can say is that my burner is a newer LG, bought for all the good reviews from the guys here at slysoft. also, am using corel paintshop prox4 for the print layout and printing.
You will be able to buy the Falcon inkjet printable DLs, either matte or glossy fairly easily here in the US. And LG drives have done well with them in my experience. Both my WH10 and WH12 drives handle them fine. I use 21mm and 119mm for inside/outside print dimensions.

By all means contact Fred Perez, fred.perez@falconrak.com and ask him if he has any inkjet HUB-print DLs that might impress you.

Nearly all my customers use LG drives as they're the only Blu-ray drives we fit in our systems. It's not just burning issues, but playback issues as well. They've had a higher failure rate from their customers playing back Falcon media discs than from Verbatim's. We've also had major issues ourselves running them through our duplicating machines (both old and new) when I was sent a batch recently for testing by a wholesaler who wanted us to stock them.

By all means try them, but I'm just giving out my experience and my customers experience of this media which so far hasn't been great

Last edited:
Back