• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Dual layer BD-R plays, dual layer BD-RE won't

jab8356

I am new and just recently upgraded to AnyDVD HD. I've decided that in backing up my Blu-ray's I want original quality so I will back up to dual layer BD-R's. I bought one dual layer BD-RE for testing and on my first test, I ripped Disney's Earth (USA) to an ISO image with AnyDVD HD and then used Imageburn to burn it to DL BD-RE. The DL BD-RE won't play in my Sony blu-ray player or my LG BD-ROM,DVD writer drive in my PC, but will play in the LG Blu-ray writer that wrote the disc. The Sony player says invalid and the BD-ROM drive shows nothing on the disk. Next I tried burning same image to a DL-BD-R and it plays fine in my Sony blu-ray player. Any ideas why the rewritable won't play but the write once will? The rewritable went thru a format and zero sector operation with imageburn that took about 5 hours before actually burning the image to the disc.

Whel whats the model of the sony player. By the looks of it, it just doesnt like the blank rw brand you used.

BDP-N460 is the Sony player. The LG BD-ROM (UH10LS20) drive in my PC wouldn't read it either. If it was just the Sony player, I'd agree with you 100%, but why also the BD-ROM? The BD-ROM showed it as being a blank disc, but when I put the disc in my BD burner that burned the disc, it showed all the files and folders. Weird!

Has anyone successfully played a dual layer BD-RE disc in a blu-ray player? If so, what brand disc are you using? This one that I bought is a TDK. I read in here that TDK is a good brand, but it still won't play in my Sony BDP-N460.

Well, it turns out you were right. I decided to invest a few more bucks into this mystery and since my blu-ray player is a Sony, I bought a Sony DL BD-RE. It plays fine in all my blu-ray devices. TDK is just bad I guess.

Well, it turns out you were right. I decided to invest a few more bucks into this mystery and since my blu-ray player is a Sony, I bought a Sony DL BD-RE. It plays fine in all my blu-ray devices. TDK is just bad I guess.

It wasn't the TDK after all. Imgburn did the zero sector operation on another disk on me (a single layer Verbatim BD-RE this time) and this disk was also unreadable in my blu-ray player and BD-ROM drive afterwards. I then used Arcsoft's TotalMedia Studio to burn a project to the disk and it then became readable again in the blu-ray player and BD-ROM drive. I told this to Imgburn's author and he suggested changing a setting in Imgburn's format settings... (If you have new discs that ImgBurn doesn't have to format, they must be pre-formatted and probably have 'spare areas' enabled. By default, ImgBurn formats with spare areas disabled so that the entire size of the disc is available for use. So go into the settings and turn that option off (it's on the 'Write' tabs somewhere). ) I am now re-formatting the TDK DL BD-RE with the updated setting and hope that this fixes the disk so it is readable again.

Back