• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

DSource Media is too large error!!! Please help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

verncat05

This just happened today for the first time. I believe it is the fault of the burner I am using, as I just installed it today as well and this is the first time I have tried to copy a dvd with it.

Summary for drive D: (AnyDVD 6.1.6.4)
ASUS DRW-1814BLT 1.10 F1070128
Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (parallel)

Total size: 3850992 sectors (7521 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: CATCH_AND_RELEASE
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1!

RCE protection not found.
DVD structure appears to be correct.
Structural copy protection not found.
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

Above is from AnyDvd and I am using CloneDVD2 version 2.9.0.9. I have Nero 7.9.6.0 installed, but not incd or any other type of packet software. I have the latest firmware for my new burner (Asus 1814blt version 1.10). I was able to copy a single-layer dvd in the dvd-5 mode, but when I try to burn one to a DL disk (using verbatim DVD+R DL 8X media), I get the above-mentioned error.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Shawn

. I have the latest firmware for my new burner (Asus 1814blt version 1.10). I was able to copy a single-layer dvd in the dvd-5 mode, but when I try to burn one to a DL disk (using verbatim DVD+R DL 8X media), I get the above-mentioned error.

You need to change that to "dvd +/-R DL" near the quality bar in Clonedvd when using +R DL media.

You may also wish to consider using this method instead: http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=327

I do change the slider to dvd +/-r dl when trying to burn to dl media. I have been using Anydvd and CloneDVD2 together for several months now and have never had this issue until today. The only thing that has changed is the burner. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling both programs, but the problem persists.

As for that other method, I have never had to do that before and won't be doing that now. I am using the Verbatim media that was mentioned in that thread, though. This is some sort of compatability issue with this Asus burner and CloneDVD.

***Just to add, I just completed copying the movie listed in my original post using Nero, the same Verbatim DL media and the Asus burner. This would most defiantely point to a CloneDVD and Asus DRW-1814BLT compatability issue.***

Last edited:
Follow the steps/answer these questions:

1. Is your drive a SATA burner?

2. The media is made in Singapore and not India, right?
Can you give me the media code please?

What blank media are you using? Specify a) brand name b)type (-R, +R, -RW, +RW, RAM, DL, etc.) c)media code, d) capacity/size, e) batch codes/serial codes (often found printed on the inner plastic hub of the blank disc), and f)country (factory information would be great as well, if possible) where the media was made (look on the physical packaging; do not rely on programs to accurately give you this information).

If you don't know how to obtain media codes, you may find the following programs useful:

http://dvd.identifier.cdfreaks.com and http://www.dvdinfopro.com/

3. Do step 4 from here:
http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=3651

4. If you're using an ide/sata driver from your motherboard manufacturer, switch to the default drivers provided by Microsoft/Windows instead.

5. Try this method: http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=327

Last edited:
This is interesting:

http://www.cdrlabs.com/reviews/index.php?reviewid=301&page=Performance

"I should also point out that, like other SATA optical drives, the DRW-1814BLT does not work with all motherboard chipsets. While the drive worked perfectly when connected to newer Intel and Nvidia based motherboards, its performance took a serious hit when connected to an older VIA K8T800 based motherboard (ASUS K8V SE Deluxe). Looking at the screenshots below, you can see that the DRW-1814BLT's reading and writing speeds averaged out at only 2.3x."

I am running the Abit IP35 Pro motherboard, which uses the Intel ICH9R chipset, which is Intel's newest. I just tried it again using the "custom" selection and tried that, no go, still gives the same error (source too large, make sure to select dvd-5 or dvd +/- dl, which I am).

This really stinks.

Follow the steps/answer these questions (if you don't provide further information, then it's going to be difficult if not impossible to try to solve your problem):

1. Is your drive a SATA burner?

2. The media is made in Singapore and not India, right?
Can you give me the media code please?

What blank media are you using? Specify a) brand name b)type (-R, +R, -RW, +RW, RAM, DL, etc.) c)media code, d) capacity/size, e) batch codes/serial codes (often found printed on the inner plastic hub of the blank disc), and f)country (factory information would be great as well, if possible) where the media was made (look on the physical packaging; do not rely on programs to accurately give you this information).

If you don't know how to obtain media codes, you may find the following programs useful:

http://dvd.identifier.cdfreaks.com and http://www.dvdinfopro.com/

3. Do step 4 from here:
http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=3651

4. If you're using an ide/sata driver from your motherboard manufacturer, switch to the default drivers provided by Microsoft/Windows instead.

5. Try this method: http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=327

I find it unlikely that this is a compability issue between Clonedvd and your burner, since it burns single layer media with Clonedvd. This issue is more likely a compatiblity issue between your burner's firmware and the blank media you're using. Clonedvd relies heavily upon firmware information provided by your burner. Regardless, I would like responses to the 5 points I listed above.

Last edited:
1. It is a sata dvd burner.

2. The media is made in Singapore.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Unique Disc Identifier : [DVD+R-DL:MKM-003-000]
Disc & Book Type : [DVD+R DL] - [DVD+R DL]
Manufacturer Name : [Mitsubishi Kagaku Media]
Manufacturer ID : [MKM]
Media Type ID : [003]
Product Revision : [Not Specified]
Blank Disc Capacity : [4,173,824 Sectors = 8.55 GB (7.96 GiB)]
Recording Speeds : [2.4x , 3.3x-8x]
[ DVD Identifier V5.0.1 - http://DVD.Identifier.CDfreaks.com ]

3. Filter Check Tool v3.4

No Upper Filters found.

A Lower Filter found is: AnyDVD
Filterdriver properties are:
Name: AnyDVD
Caption: AnyDVD
Description: AnyDVD
AcceptPause: False
AcceptStop: True
DesktopInteract: False
DisplayName: AnyDVD
ErrorControl: Normal
ExitCode: 0
PathName: C:\Windows\system32\Drivers\AnyDVD.sys
Version Info: 6.1.6.4
ServiceSpecificExitCode: 0
ServiceType: Kernel Driver
Started: True
StartMode: Manual
StartName:
State: Running
TagId: 0

A Lower Filter found is: ElbyDelay
Filterdriver properties are:
Name: ElbyDelay
Caption: ElbyDelay
Description: ElbyDelay
AcceptPause: False
AcceptStop: True
DesktopInteract: False
DisplayName: ElbyDelay
ErrorControl: Normal
ExitCode: 0
PathName: C:\Windows\system32\Drivers\ElbyDelay.sys
Version Info: 5.1.0.1
ServiceSpecificExitCode: 0
ServiceType: Kernel Driver
Started: True
StartMode: Manual
StartName:
State: Running
TagId: 0

4. I cannot roll back drivers at this time, as it will interfere with my current raid setup.

5. No.

Why do you find it unlikely that it could be a compatability issue between CloneDVD and the Asus burner? If you read my previous post, then you would know that I can burn using Nero, this Asus burner and the Verbatim DL media. This would not be possible if the media was incompatable with the Asus DRW-1814BLK. So, please try and fathom that this could be an issue with CloneDVD.

2. The media is made in Singapore.

Unique Disc Identifier : [DVD+R-DL:MKM-003-000]
Disc & Book Type : [DVD+R DL] - [DVD+R DL]
Manufacturer Name : [Mitsubishi Kagaku Media]
Manufacturer ID : [MKM]
Media Type ID : [003]
Product Revision : [Not Specified]
Blank Disc Capacity : [4,173,824 Sectors = 8.55 GB (7.96 GiB)]
Recording Speeds : [2.4x , 3.3x-8x]
[ DVD Identifier V5.0.1 - http://DVD.Identifier.CDfreaks.com ]

O.k. I would try MKM 001 (rated 2.4x up to 6x) instead (which is the actual blank media I was suggesting); some burner's firmwares may not have been tested with mkm 003 yet).

I cannot roll back drivers at this time, as it will interfere with my current raid setup.

This doesn't have to do with rolling back drivers. Try using Microsoft's default Sata drivers.

Good luck then.

Why do you find it unlikely that it could be a compatability issue between CloneDVD and the Asus burner? If you read my previous post, then you would know that I can burn using Nero, this Asus burner and the Verbatim DL media. This would not be possible if the media was incompatable with the Asus DRW-1814BLK. So, please try and fathom that this could be an issue with CloneDVD.

Nero uses a different method to burn. Clonedvd relies more heavily upon information provided by burner's firmware than other programs (burn speeds for instance are limited by whatever is listed as slower by the firmware or MIDs. You can select "max", "16x" or whatever in Clonedvd, for instance, but that doesn't imply Clonedvd is burning at the highest possible speed your burner can burn at or whatever speed you chose).

It may be an issue with this burner and Clonedvd, but the issue could be other things as well. If you're going to tell me "no" and otherwise ignore my advice, then hopefully you can find others that are willing to assist you, because I'm no longer am. Good day

Last edited:
You want me to use ClonCD to try and burn my movies with, that's your other method. How in the WORLD does this help any out that is having CloneDVD issues? It's not even a band-aid fix, it's telling someone to use another program all together. Personally, it's bad advice.

I'll pick up some different DL media tomorrow when I'm out and give it a whirl. Unfortunately, I don't have any other type at the moment.

Wow, all in all, this is absolutely HORRIBLE tech support. Does Slysoft know that this knid of support is happening, or are you on your own with this one? The telling people to use CloneCD to burn movies with instead of CloneDVD? Isn't that what I bought and paid for, was CloneDVD? Maybe I'm mistaken. If so, please send me retail key for CloneCD so I can burn movies, if this is the official stance of Slysoft whenever someone has an issue with CloneDVD.

You want me to use ClonCD to try and burn my movies with, that's your other method. How in the WORLD does this help any out that is having CloneDVD issues?

The two programs share code (similar burning engines, I'm told). I'm interested if Clonecd will burn with that blank media and your burner. If Clonecd works, then there would appear to be an issue with Clonedvd and your burner.

Personally, it's bad advice.

That's in your subjective opinion.

Wow, all in all, this is absolutely HORRIBLE tech support.

I don't work for Slysoft. I would have thought my signature would have given that away by now. I was attempting to help you for free (because I generally enjoy helping people, but I can't say I've enjoyed attempting to help you).

If so, please send me retail key for CloneCD so I can burn movies, if this is the official stance of Slysoft whenever someone has an issue with CloneDVD.

As I don't work for nor represent Slysoft, I have no idea what Slysoft's official response is. If you want an official response, contact Slysoft technical support: http://www.slysoft.com/contact.html

Last edited:
Posted by verncat05
Wow, all in all, this is absolutely HORRIBLE tech support. Does Slysoft know that this knid of support is happening, or are you on your own with this one? The telling people to use CloneCD to burn movies with instead of CloneDVD? Isn't that what I bought and paid for, was CloneDVD? Maybe I'm mistaken. If so, please send me retail key for CloneCD so I can burn movies, if this is the official stance of Slysoft whenever someone has an issue with CloneDVD.
Webslinger gave you sound advice. You won't be getting anymore here with that attitude. Please contact support@slysoft.com.
Thread closed.:policeman:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back