• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Driver (ElbyCDIO.sys) problems with Windows 7 64-bit

Michelasso

Hello everybody,
I don't know if this has been alredy reported, however I am trying to find the culprit for several sudden reboots I am experiencing with my new laptop, a Sony Vaio VPCCW1S1E running Windows 7 64-bit. Following a procedure described in social.technet.microsoft.com Forums I am using verifier to check for "defective" non Microsoft drivers: Start->verifier.exe, create custom settings, next;enabled predefined settings, standard settings, next; Select driver names from a list, next;sort by provider, check the box for all non-Microsoft drivers, click Finish, reboot, and wait for the neaxt bugcheck to occur.
Well, first time I rebooted after doing this, I got a BSOD immediately after login, saying that a "device driver is attempting to corrupt system", and the details below show:

ElbyCDIO.sys
Address FFFFF88003C9440A
base at FFFFF88003C92000
Datestamp 499aefbb

I don't know if this can be of any help for the developers.

Hello everybody,
I don't know if this has been alredy reported, however I am trying to find the culprit for several sudden reboots I am experiencing with my new laptop, a Sony Vaio VPCCW1S1E running Windows 7 64-bit. Following a procedure described in social.technet.microsoft.com Forums I am using verifier to check for "defective" non Microsoft drivers: Start->verifier.exe, create custom settings, next;enabled predefined settings, standard settings, next; Select driver names from a list, next;sort by provider, check the box for all non-Microsoft drivers, click Finish, reboot, and wait for the neaxt bugcheck to occur.
Well, first time I rebooted after doing this, I got a BSOD immediately after login, saying that a "device driver is attempting to corrupt system", and the details below show:

ElbyCDIO.sys
Address FFFFF88003C9440A
base at FFFFF88003C92000
Datestamp 499aefbb

I don't know if this can be of any help for the developers.
Which version of ElbyCDIO.sys is this?

Which version of ElbyCDIO.sys is this?

I don't know exactly how to check this, but I can tell you that I have installed only Virtual CloneDrive 5.4.3.2, so the version of ElbyCDIO.sys is the one installed along with it.

Just to be sure...

I don't know exactly how to check this, but I can tell you that I have installed only Virtual CloneDrive 5.4.3.2, so the version of ElbyCDIO.sys is the one installed along with it.

Please open "computer" and enter elbycdio.sys in the "search" field.

Right click the file and then open "properties" and then "details", please.

What is the version of this file or, better yet, make us a screen shot of that tab/panel..

a. Press and hold ALT. Press the PRINT / PrntSrn key on your keyboard
- on some laptops you may need to press "Fn" + "Print" keys.
b. Release the keys and open start > all programs > accessories > Paint.
c. Click "edit" and "paste".
d. Select "JPG" as the file type and give the file the name "error".
e. Please attach that JPG image to your reply.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Please open "computer" and enter elbycdio.sys in the "search" field.

Right click the file and then open "properties" and then "details", please.

What is the version of this file or, better yet, make us a screen shot of that tab/panel..

a. Press and hold ALT. Press the PRINT / PrntSrn key on your keyboard
- on some laptops you may need to press "Fn" + "Print" keys.
b. Release the keys and open start > all programs > accessories > Paint.
c. Click "edit" and "paste".
d. Select "JPG" as the file type and give the file the name "error".
e. Please attach that JPG image to your reply.

Thanks.

Here it is:

Attachments

• error.jpg
    error.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 32

I have tried both solutions you propose:

a) installing AnyDvd 6.6.0.3 in fact upgrades ElbyCDIO.sys to version 6.0.3.4, as attached image shows. However, at next reboot with verifier enabled to check the driver I get a BSOD with the same message as before.

b) installing VCD 5.4.3.5 (after removing older version and AnyDvd) put the version 6.0.3.2 of ElbyCDIO.sys, the same I had with VCDversion 5.4.3.2, so I guess the situation won't change.

I want to mention however that if verifier is not enabled I don't have any problems using VCD, or at least any visible problem when I am using it to mount iso images. I have only random BSOD (not necessarily related to VCD) in normal usage. The constant BSOD at login and the error message related to ElbyCDIO.sys occurs *only* with verifier enabled.

Attachments

• elbycdio.jpg
    elbycdio.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 11
Maybe the checker needs checking

I have tried both solutions you propose:

a) installing AnyDvd 6.6.0.3 in fact upgrades ElbyCDIO.sys to version 6.0.3.4, as attached image shows. However, at next reboot with verifier enabled to check the driver I get a BSOD with the same message as before.

b) installing VCD 5.4.3.5 (after removing older version and AnyDvd) put the version 6.0.3.2 of ElbyCDIO.sys, the same I had with VCDversion 5.4.3.2, so I guess the situation won't change.

I want to mention however that if verifier is not enabled I don't have any problems using VCD, or at least any visible problem when I am using it to mount iso images. I have only random BSOD (not necessarily related to VCD) in normal usage. The constant BSOD at login and the error message related to ElbyCDIO.sys occurs *only* with verifier enabled.

Care to share the STOP: xx code?

or better yet:

Go to .. /Windows/mini dump/, locate the dmp file with today's date and attach that file to this thread.

If using a tool causes a crash directly or indirectly related to some program that otherwise works perfectly without the tool running, it's time to check the checker. This would not be the first time a "sheriff" caused problems he's supposed to avoid.

BTW: here's tip for you - like many things Microsoft would like all of us to do, not all that glitters is golden

http://social.technet.microsoft.com...l/thread/30c38389-0243-4b8c-a446-0f2388ab5b89

Last edited:
Care to share the STOP: xx code?

The stop code is always this:
STOP: 0X000000C4

(check also attached image of BSOD)

or better yet:

Go to .. /Windows/mini dump/, locate the dmp file with today's date and attach that file to this thread.

Unfortunately I cannot provide any dump file, since they haven't been created, perhaps the use of the verifier stops the system before it can collect a crash dump (even it is written in the message of the BSOD attached, nothing happened after the last lines, ad I have been forced to power off the laptop).

If using a tool causes a crash directly or indirectly related to some program that otherwise works perfectly without the tool running, it's time to check the checker. This would not be the first time a "sheriff" caused problems he's supposed to avoid.

BTW: here's tip for you - like many things Microsoft would like all of us to do, not all that glitters is golden

http://social.technet.microsoft.com...l/thread/30c38389-0243-4b8c-a446-0f2388ab5b89

Thank you for this reference. As I stated before, I am not saying that ElbyCDIO is the culprit for the random BSOD I am experiencing, I just wanted to share the informations I have collected in the case they could be useful for the developers here.

Attachments

• BSOD.jpg
    BSOD.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 16
Turn off tool, enjoy life

Unfortunately I cannot provide any dump file, since they haven't been created, perhaps the use of the verifier stops the system before it can collect a crash dump (even it is written in the message of the BSOD attached, nothing happened after the last lines, ad I have been forced to power off the laptop).

Thank you for this reference. As I stated before, I am not saying that ElbyCDIO is the culprit for the random BSOD I am experiencing, I just wanted to share the informations I have collected in the case they could be useful for the developers here.

James is informed and will take this under consideration, up to a point. Thanks for bringing it to our attention. However, if such a crash occurs and you do not get a physical dump file then as the link says, the tool is useless for consumer-level operation.

No developer will take such information seriously beyond "nice to know", X'C4' just means the Verifier doesn't like a particular driver, and if there is no dump info beyond the "fail" screen it is not possible to see what the Verifier does not like. Microsoft's hot tip to tell the provider of that driver to fix his problem is not very helpful but is not at all atypical for them.

Suggestion: since this Verifier thing is really a developer's tool I'd remove it, enjoy the product like many thousands of other users and enjoy life.
Keep it simple and you'll be a lot happier.

Have fun!!! :)

Thanks, we'll certainly look into it. However, the fault driver verifier has detected (second code F6, handle value being referenced) is harmless and shouldn't cause any problem during normal operation:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms796113.aspx

No developer will take such information seriously beyond "nice to know", X'C4' just means the Verifier doesn't like a particular driver, and if there is no dump info beyond the "fail" screen it is not possible to see what the Verifier does not like. Microsoft's hot tip to tell the provider of that driver to fix his problem is not very helpful but is not at all atypical for them.

Frank, it's fine. The screen shot provides all I need to know.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms796113.aspx

I'm having the exact same problem.

This worked for a few days, with just sporadic BSOD's on startup - but now it happens as soon as I install the program, and each time I boot. I have to go in with Safe mode and uninstall the program, then reboot normally.

I don't know what changed. VCD works great on all my other machines - just not this one, which is my only 64 bit Win7 machine (12GB of RAM). I've tried the beta too - exact same results.

Hi

I have a minidump for this problem. Even two, from different PCs - one with anydvd (licensed) win7 x64 and 4GB memory, the another with virtual clonedrive win7 x64 and 8GB. But it's pretty easy to reproduce - just enable verifier.exe for elbycdio.sys on Windows 7.

found this too because of searching for random crashes on a PC with 4GB memory. Another one works without any problems..

I'm not running Verifier at all.

I searched for it and ran it to see if somehow it had become activated. It doesn't appear to be.

I apologize for bumping this thread, but I also seem to have encountered this issue as well. Constant instability resulting in BSODs, and even other programs crashing constantly. It only happens after installing the latest version of Virtual CloneDrive on Windows7 x64.

Please install the newest AnyDVD version, it will update the ElbyCDIO driver.

Similar problem sos thanks

Hello people,
I have a similar problem as you had, with win 7 home premium, and have also a driver problem (probably).
I hope you can help me.
I am here with my friend and we try to fix our problem. And its not working out.

Here is it:
it began with the iaStor.sys saying
with blue screen: 0x0000007E
i am already at the state (after manymany restart recover, etc) that i formatted the c. drive. and.

i have a partition, x: with the recovery files.
i tried to recover from there.
its not working. have a new message:
during the "prepare ..for first use" appears:
"windows cannot complete installation in safe mode. to continue installing, restart windows"

then if i restart we come back to the same situation.
so i rather press shift+F10, so i can get even to the "comp. management", can work a bit with drivers, kernel, etc...

is this enough info for you to help us, or would you need anything additional?

thanks in advance.
otto and fefe

Back