• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Drive Scanning

mstrong

I am not sure if this is a CloneBD issue or an AnyDVD-HD issue but I am posting it here regardless.

For quite some time now I have been having an issue with by drive continuously scanning Like it is going back-and-forth across the disc looking for something. I don't believe this is a hardware issue. This only happens when I open CloneBD. It doesn't happen with other software. I used to be able to wait for the disc to stop spinning after AnyDVD was done doing it's thing, then launch CloneBD and everything would work just fine.

For the past day I have been trying to copy a disc that simply won't stop scanning. I never make it to the copy step because the tracks won't play in CloneBD to begin with. What is going on?

For quite some time now I have been having an issue with by drive continuously scanning Like it is going back-and-forth across the disc looking for something. I don't believe this is a hardware issue. This only happens when I open CloneBD. It doesn't happen with other software. I used to be able to wait for the disc to stop spinning after AnyDVD was done doing it's thing, then launch CloneBD and everything would work just fine.

For the past day I have been trying to copy a disc that simply won't stop scanning. I never make it to the copy step because the tracks won't play in CloneBD to begin with. What is going on?

Hard to tell like this.
But CloneBD will usually scan the disc in a manner that reduces seeking.
If some other software (the system, a virus scanner, etc...) feel obligated to read from the disc at the same time, the drive will seek wildly in an attempt to make everybody happy. Maybe that is what's going on.
If you can see that the disc is being accessed while CloneBD is not running, then that is what's happening.

I left the disc all night and I was able to copy it this morning. I am not sure what is going on, but it is likely what you described. The strange thing is, I don't have this problem with other copying software.

Back