• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

drive doesn't read 'how to be a latin lover'

jonboy

I have the newest beta version of anydvd but my drive doesn't read the disc, just shows that no disc is in the drive. It reads any other disc I put in, just not the 'latin lover' disc. I did reboot the computer, ect. my drive is a TSSTcorp DVD+RW SH-216BB. The disc is from Netflix in USA. Disc drive is set to region 1

Disable anydvd for a moment. Does the drive recognise the disc now?

Does the problem remain with the latest stable version of AnyDVD HD?
Either way, are you able to provide a logfile?

If the drive reads other discs fine with the latest beta. It's unlikely to be an anydvd issue. More likely dirty/defective disc.

If the drive reads other discs fine with the latest beta. It's unlikely to be an anydvd issue. More likely dirty/defective disc.
The disc plays fine in a player and I did clean it even though it looks new

If the drive doesn't see the disc with anydvd disabled either but it DOES recognise other discs then it's neither an anydvd nor drive issue. What you have there is a borderline defective disc. Exchange it for a new one.

That it plays in a standalone player is irrelevant at this point. A standalone player isn't the same as a PC drive, nor can you install anydvd on it ;)

Even a good version of this title pushes the limits of what a drive should have to do just to play a DVD.
I exited AnyDVD to see which version of the Main Movie was actually supposed to play on the native disk.
When I put the disk in the drive - the drive was very upset, and made all kinds of strange "seek noises" before the disk finally came up for playing.
-W

When I try to decode How to be a latin lover it stops at 20%. Any fix for this movie?

You can start by providing an AnyDVD logfile.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

When I try to decode How to be a latin lover it stops at 20%. Any fix for this movie?
AnyDVD 8.1.7.12 works fine with this title. If you tried previous versions, create a logfile with 8.1.7.12 to reset the local database.

The newest beta decodes it, but then when I take the .iso created through CloneDVD2 and AnyDVD, the ISO will *not* play when mounted with Virtual Clone drive. This is also with newest Virtual Clone Drive 5500--makes no difference. Something is wrong and log file attached.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.1.7.12_Info_F_HOW_TO_BE_A_LATIN_LOVER.ziplog
    114.8 KB · Views: 2
  • AnyDVD_8.1.7.12_Info_F_HOW_TO_BE_A_LATIN_LOVER.ziplog
    114.8 KB · Views: 0
Neither AnyDVD nor CloneDVD play a DVD. Define *not*. It either plays or it doesn't. What are you using for playback.

Neither AnyDVD nor CloneDVD play a DVD. Define *not*. It either plays or it doesn't. What are you using for playback.

Latest version of VLC Media Player, v. 2.2.6. When that can't play something (and it's played everything for me when Media Player might not), something's not quite right with the ISO generated through decoding with latest AnyDVD and making via latest CloneDVD2.

Not even remotely. VLC is just a video player, anything else you're stretching things. See if licensed DVD player such as PowerDVD can play it. If it can then both AnyDVD and CloneDVD did their job.

Back