Drive Disconnection While Ripping

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (Blu-ray issues)' started by CaMiX, Dec 30, 2017.

1. CaMiX

CaMiX Member

While ripping any DVD or Blu-ray (ISO) AnyDVD HD reports 100% "Done!" but drive seems to unmount/eject and remount disc. It usually happens around 30 - 40% during ripping process. ISO files are corrupt and or incomplete.

AnyDVD HD version: 8.2.1.4
    Drive: LG BD-REWH16NS40

E:\ -> \Device\CdRom3
    \DosDevices\E:\ -> USBSTOR\CdRom&Ven_HL-DT-ST&Prod_BD-RE__WH16NS40&Rev_1.02\20161022&0

2. RedFox 1

RedFox 1 Super Moderator

Need a logfile to help you. Put a disc in the drive and right click the fox head in the task bar, " Create logfile" and upload it to the forum.

3. CaMiX

CaMiX Member

Here you go.

Attached Files:

4. RedFox 1

RedFox 1 Super Moderator

0.36s: Drive 0 (not set!)

Set your drive region . I have no idea where you are so I have no idea what region you are in.

5. CaMiX

CaMiX Member

Drive region set but problem still persists. AnyDVD seems to rescan drive/disc at about 3 - 5% of the ripping process of this disc. The generated ISO file completes after a few minutes but is unmountable/corrupt. Attached is a new log file.

Attached Files:

6. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator NL & Mod

Drive hardware region has ZERO impact on Blu-ray. BD regions are stored at the disc level. @James will need to take a look but I'm going with defective.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

7. CaMiX

CaMiX Member

It's a brand new drive so if it's defective that would suck.

8. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator NL & Mod

Not talking about the drive, but the disc. Though wait for James.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

9. James

James Redfox Development Team Staff Member

Probably just USB hell (bad drivers, bad chipset, cabling from motherboard to connector, ...). Is it an USB 3.0/3.1 enclosure? If yes, try a different cable. Or try an USB 2.0 cable. Slow, but worth a try.

10. CaMiX

CaMiX Member

I moved to a different set of USB ports and all is good now. Weird because a different drive (slower drive) was using the same port before and it worked perfectly. I will have to check my motherboard connection for that set of USB 3.0 ports. Thanks James!