#Drive Disabled

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (DVD issues)' started by 4stars, Apr 29, 2008.

1. 4stars

4stars New Member

I had to have my laptop go thru a pro recovery and reinstall everything. My clone dvd and key registered and so did my AnyDVD but the status says Any DVD disabled for "E" drive (which is my laptop disc drive).

How do I enable it?

2. DrinkLyeAndDie

DrinkLyeAndDie Retired Moderator

In the preferences make sure that under Drives | Selection that the DVD drive is checked.

3. 4stars

4stars New Member

# Drive Disabled

AnyDVD is disabled for Drive E:!

I did check under drive selection and it is checked.

No Clue.

4. DrinkLyeAndDie

DrinkLyeAndDie Retired Moderator

1. This isn't an an issue unless there's an original commercial video DVD in the apparently disabled DVD drive.
    2. If you don't have AnyDVD 6.4.1.2 installed then update: http://static.slysoft.com/SetupAnyDVD.exe

If the problem does occur with commercial video DVDs and you are using the latest version then follow the directions below:

1. Make sure you have your license key backed up in a safe location. You will need it!
    2. Uninstall AnyDVD (Start | all Programs | Slysoft | AnyDVD | Uninstall)
    3. Reboot
    4. Check to see if your system (My Computer) now reports a disc in drive. Do you see a VIDEO_TS folder when a video DVD is inserted? Do you see folders or files?
    If the answer is "No" to Step 4, then AnyDVD isn't your problem. As AnyDVD is not on your system, AnyDVD can't interfere or block the reading process. Possibly your reader or burner is slowing dying, the original disc is bad, or a number of other possibilities exist as well (including messed up IDE/SATA bus drivers, bad cable on the back of the drive, etc.)

If the answer is "Yes", click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=1559 and follow the steps. Note: Step 4 requires you to post information.

5. 4stars

4stars New Member

# Drive Disabled

I did a windows reset on my laptop and the problem was corrected.