• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Drillbit Taylor Problems

baconbits1

I am using AnyDVDHD v6.4.5.2 registered, and it copies Drillbit Taylor, US, Region A fine. But the .m2ts files are not decrypted! AnyDVDHD gives no errors of any kind. The .m2ts files are green on playback, a very obvious sign that they are still encrypted.

Please Help!

did you check in the settings to see if it said it could decrypt it, maybe posting up the AnyDVD HD logfile might be of some help

Here's AnyDVD_log.txt

AnyDVD 6.4.5.2

track 1 from 0 to 22026816, Control 4
Drive 1
dvd-rom version 0 120mm 2.52mbps parallel
Layer 0 End: 0
read copyright failed, sense 5:30:2
layer 1 reserved free
standard udf
label DRILLBIT_TAYLOR
AACS!
HD type: 1
MKB version 7
5a3e2faacb41
eaaf0ae79d48
HD: GetVolumeKey 1
parse_image took 2 seconds
hdtitles
Sending Patchlevel 1
mode 9247 0x241f

And here's AnyDVD_Status.txt

Summary for drive G: (AnyDVD 6.4.5.2)
HL-DT-ST BDDVDRW GGC-H20L 1.02 41122707137C3I3529
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a Blu-Ray disc.
Total size: 22026816 sectors (43021 MBytes)
Video Blu-ray label: DRILLBIT_TAYLOR
Media is AACS protected!
Removed AACS copy protection!

What happens if you disable AnyDVD HD and then try to play one of the m2ts files direct from the disc? Is it still green?
If you try playing the disc as a full disc does it play correctly with and without AnyDVD HD running?
What program are you using to play back the m2ts files

What happens if you disable AnyDVD HD and then try to play one of the m2ts files direct from the disc? Is it still green?
If you try playing the disc as a full disc does it play correctly with and without AnyDVD HD running?
What program are you using to play back the m2ts files

If i disable AnyDVDHD and play the disc with powerdvd 8, it plays just fine.

and if you try to play the m2ts files direct from the disc without AnyDVD running? Also what software are you trying to play back the m2ts files in.

Also you need to post the zip file

and if you try to play the m2ts files direct from the disc without AnyDVD running? Also what software are you trying to play back the m2ts files in.

Also you need to post the zip file

I tried to play them with Nero showtime. M2TS files from another copied disc played fine, so I know Nero Showtime works. The zip is attached. Is there any other information I need to post that I missed?

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_G_DRILLBIT_TAYLOR.zip
    144.9 KB · Views: 8
Afc (SysWOW64\drivers\Afc.sys), Version: 1.0.0.2 (1.0.0.2)
Company: Arcsoft, Inc.
Product: Arcsoft(R) ASPI Shell
Copyright: (C) Arcsoft, Inc. 1999-2005. All rights reserved.
Description: Arcsoft(R) ASPI Shell
FileVersion: 1, 0, 0, 2
ProductVersion: 1, 0, 0, 2

Afc.sys is typically installed by Arcsoft Photo Impressions. That filter can cause a lot of problems.

i) Create a backup of your registry
ii) Download imgburn. It's a free program: http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download
(it's also an excellent program imo)
iii) Go to Tools > Filter Driver Load Order. Select "Afc". Click "Removed Selected Filter". Click "ok".
iv) Reboot

Keep in that whatever program installed that filter may no longer work properly.

If i disable AnyDVDHD and play the disc with powerdvd 8, it plays just fine.

Sorry, something isn't clear to me.

What happens if you play the original disc with Anydvd HD running in the background?

Last edited:
Just because m2ts files from another film work doesn't mean these will, what codec was the other film using and what codec does this film use?

I am using AnyDVDHD v6.4.5.2 registered, and it copies Drillbit Taylor, US, Region A fine. But the .m2ts files are not decrypted! AnyDVDHD gives no errors of any kind. The .m2ts files are green on playback, a very obvious sign that they are still encrypted.

Please Help!

I can play the 00000.m2ts 29.6GB using KMP with no problem, maybe rip it again.

Afc.sys is typically installed by Arcsoft Photo Impressions. That filter can cause a lot of problems.

i) Create a backup of your registry
ii) Download imgburn. It's a free program: http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download
(it's also an excellent program imo)
iii) Go to Tools > Filter Driver Load Order. Select "Afc". Click "Removed Selected Filter". Click "ok".
iv) Reboot

Keep in that whatever program installed that filter may no longer work properly.

Will test that out, its weird because I uninstalled that ARCsoft app and rebooted already.

I was able to backup Drillbit Taylor BR version without any problems. Using ImgBurn and lastest version of Anydvd HD.

Please Help!

Your conclusion "green -> encrypted" is not necessarily correct.
While that in fact is a typical CSS effect with standard DVDs, it is not with Blurays. CSS leaves parts of the data unencrypted, while AACS encrypts pretty much all of it, so an encrypted stream usually has more severe effects that plain green.
I'd expect nero to crash. PowerDVD would show black (only because it's aware that it can't play the stuff).

Trust Adbear - it's probably a codec thing and nero can't handle it right.
I'm very sure AnyDVD did the decrypting right.

Back