• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Dragonball Z orange box issues

VLC isn't a licensed DVD player either. It's mainly a simple video player. Since Anydvd ripped fine and powerDVD plays it fine, you've got a perfectly fine digital copy of it on your harddrive

VLC isn't a licensed DVD player either. It's mainly a simple video player. Since Anydvd ripped fine and powerDVD plays it fine, you've got a perfectly fine digital copy of it on your harddrive

I just tried Clams' earlier suggestion and ran the IFO rather than opening individual VOBs and it does work properly when played this way in PowerDVD and VLC. So this does help clear things up, however my problem remains.

In order to transcode the files to a usable format for me, I need those VOBs to work when accessed directly (MKV tools don't read IFOs).

Then i'd suggest trying a different conversion tool like CloneDVD mobile for example, there's plenty of alternatives. Either way, as you say it yourself too, its not an anydvd caused issue.

I used Clone DVD Mobile and it got 99% of the way through the first disc and gave an error, but finished shortly after. I tested the file it created and it looked/sounded fine but when I added it to my Plex server and tested on my ATV4 the audio was stuttering. I'm done with this box set, have spent way too much time on this one series. I haven't had issues like this with any Blu-rays I've ripped so I'm going to buy one of the Blu-ray boxed sets and hope it works properly.

Thanks for all the help everyone.

All I can add here, is that there are some (many?) disks that screw with the normal VOB structures so that the VOB's will not play correctly alone without the IFO files telling the player how to "jump around".
Since I do only Main-Movie rips - I don't have to confront this issue at all.
-W

All I can add here, is that there are some (many?) disks that screw with the normal VOB structures so that the VOB's will not play correctly alone without the IFO files telling the player how to "jump around".
Since I do only Main-Movie rips - I don't have to confront this issue at all.
-W

I've never encountered this before, but it sounds like an apt description of what's happening here. I've ordered the Blu-ray release from Amazon, should be here Thursday. Hopefully I don't have any further problems.

Just thought I'd drop by to give a final update on the situation.

I have received the most recent Blu-ray release of (the full cut of) DragonBall Z and have begun to rip and transcode the discs. So far, so good! No audio sync issues, no errors while transcoding, and even better, the native subtitle format is still present after transcoding and Plex plays it just fine. This is so much better/easier to work with than the DVD release, they're not even in the same league.

Too bad I bought the Orange box only a little before the Blu-ray release came out, wish I could've saved that money. Oh well, you live and you learn. From now on I'm going to try to buy Blu-ray whenever possible just to save myself the headache of having to deal with poor practices in the industry when it comes to VOB structures and disc authoring techniques.

Thanks again for all the help everyone!

Back