• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story lossless mp4 size

just curious

My Anydvd created .iso of "Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story" is 35.1gb in size

I made a lossless mp4 file via CloneBD that is 27.2gb in size that looks and plays fine.

I assume CloneBD used the M2TS file 32.8gb in size as the source

Assuming I used the highest quality settings in each step should not my lossless mp4 be apx 32.8gb in size?

Last edited:
Did you include all audio tracks in your mp4 or just the English one ??

IE original M2TS may have 4 audio tracks, 1x English, 1x German, 1x Spanish, 1x Hindi

But if you only included the English one in your MP4 file then your mp4 will be smaller as it does not included the other 3 audio tracks

I kept just the English 5.1 Audio

I'll do a second lossless mp4 but keep everything this time

The left out French 5.1 audio and the left out 2 channel English commentary likely account for the smaller file size.

Edit: I just did Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story a second time to lossless mp4 and checked the appropriate boxes to keep everything.

Source 32.8gb

1st lossless mp4 is 27.2gb.

2nd lossless mp4 is 27.5gb

Last edited:
m2ts files often have a lot of filler data (padding, null packets).
CloneBD doesn't copy that.
Don't worry: when you specify lossless (explicitly select "lossless", not just move the slider to 100%), you don't lose anything.

I have done this dozens of times, using an uncompressed ISO to create an uncompressed MKV and mp4 file. The mp4 file will always be a little bit smaller than the MKV and both the MKV and the MP4 will always be a little bit smaller than the original ISO. Even if you select all of the exact same content, the MP4 and MKV files will always be a little bit smaller.

Kind regards

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Back