• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Downton Abbey Season 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

DingDong

Hi all,

Looking for help with the Downton Abbey Season 4 us/can DVD's. I am using anydvdhd, trying to 'rip to image' however I am getting errors on all disks in the set at different stages of the rip process. The error I am getting is "error reading from drive Z: sectors: 2103232 - 2103263". I get the same type of error at different sectors for all disks 3 in total which leads me to believe it is a protection problem. log file attached. any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_7.4.2.0_Info_Z_Downton Abbey S4 D2.ziplog
    1.3 MB · Views: 9
Downton Abbey S4 Problems

I'm having the same issue. I've attached a log file from Disc 1 of the US Downton Abbey Season 4 DVD set.

When I run the disk through CloneDVD, I'm getting a Sector Cannot be Read Error. The details tab on the error popup displays "File 1 E:/VIDEO_TS/VTS_17_1.VOB 30 TCSectorReader".

Interestingly, when ripping the information off the disk title by title, I found that the protection doesn't seem to be on every title, just somewhere near the beginning of the title that contains the first episode sequentially on each disk (Title 71, in this case); everything else rips normally. No idea what that means, however.

Logfile: View attachment AnyDVD_7.4.2.1_Info_E_Downton Abbey S4 D1.ziplog

Same here, first episode on each disk wont read.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_7.4.2.0_Info_E_Downton Abbey S4 D1.ziplog
    1.2 MB · Views: 2
  • AnyDVD_7.4.2.0_Info_E_Downton Abbey S4 D2.ziplog
    1.3 MB · Views: 2
  • AnyDVD_7.4.2.0_Info_E_Downton Abbey S4 D3.ziplog
    971.9 KB · Views: 1
I'm having the same issue. I've attached a log file from Disc 1 of the US Downton Abbey Season 4 DVD set.

When I run the disk through CloneDVD, I'm getting a Sector Cannot be Read Error. The details tab on the error popup displays "File 1 E:/VIDEO_TS/VTS_17_1.VOB 30 TCSectorReader".

Interestingly, when ripping the information off the disk title by title, I found that the protection doesn't seem to be on every title, just somewhere near the beginning of the title that contains the first episode sequentially on each disk (Title 71, in this case); everything else rips normally. No idea what that means, however.

Logfile: View attachment 24026

Try to set the AI scanner to "always enabled". Does it work now?

possible solution??

Try to set the AI scanner to "always enabled". Does it work now?

I had same problem, only on disk 3 it is the second episode (Episode 9, which is title 3) that would hang, same place on both my computers. Episode 8, first one on the menu, has a numerically higher title number. I tried leaving out titles 1 and 2, both just ahead of title 3 and both with a play time listed at 0.00. Everything then worked perfectly, and while I have not seen the disk in its entirety, everything seems to be there and working correctly.

Seems to be an awfully simplistic solution - wonder if anyone else has any luck with it? I have not yet seen disks 1 and 2.

Well...

I had same problem, only on disk 3 it is the second episode (Episode 9, which is title 3) that would hang, same place on both my computers. Episode 8, first one on the menu, has a numerically higher title number. I tried leaving out titles 1 and 2, both just ahead of title 3 and both with a play time listed at 0.00. Everything then worked perfectly, and while I have not seen the disk in its entirety, everything seems to be there and working correctly.

Seems to be an awfully simplistic solution - wonder if anyone else has any luck with it? I have not yet seen disks 1 and 2.

I'm happy to report that this workaround seems to be . . well, working. I'm wondering whether the issue with ripping individual tracks has as much to do with AnyDVD as it does my Handbrake, so I'm looking into that.

Here's a solution that worked great for me.........Using AnyDVD HD & CloneDVD2 w/Preserve Menus

Downton Abbey [U.S. Version]

S4 D1: Copy the following titles..... 71, 04, & 03 [3 Episodes]
S4 D2: Copy the following titles..... 05, 04, 78, & 03 [4 Episodes]
S4 D3: Copy the following titles..... 03, 22, 04, 05, & 07 [2 Episodes + 3 Special Featurettes]

Hope this helps!

Way Too Late Update!

I'm not certain if anyone else is still having a problem ripping individual tracks on these disks using Handbrake, but in case you are, it turns out the Red 2/Escape Plan/Ender's Game workaround (that is, disabling libDVDNav during the rip from the Advanced tab of Handbrake's Options Menu) seems to allow the problem tracks to rip normally.

the problem is maybe the part that your drive hardware region is not set and that the discs are CSS protected. Anydvd cannot properly decrypt CSS protected discs without the drive's region being set. Even though the log indicates it's using the OPD, it is still advised to set the drive region. Then try again.

You must EXIT anydvd completely BEFORE you set the drive region in windows device manager

Downton Abbey 4 region codes

the problem is maybe the part that your drive hardware region is not set and that the discs are CSS protected. Anydvd cannot properly decrypt CSS protected discs without the drive's region being set. Even though the log indicates it's using the OPD, it is still advised to set the drive region. Then try again.

You must EXIT anydvd completely BEFORE you set the drive region in windows device manager

You were correct that my Bluray drive did not have region set. Dvd was already set properly. I fixed it as you highlighted. No change! There is only 1 file on each disk that causes a problem. I tried each in a Bluray drive as well as the original DVD drive (which originally failed, so i tried the bluray). They must have specially encoded 1 specific file on each disk as a protection. (D1 VTS_17_1.vob. D2 VTS_18_4.vob ......)

you need to provide new logfiles after you've set the region, and update to the latest beta while you're at it :)

You were correct that my Bluray drive did not have region set. Dvd was already set properly. I fixed it as you highlighted. No change! There is only 1 file on each disk that causes a problem. I tried each in a Bluray drive as well as the original DVD drive (which originally failed, so i tried the bluray). They must have specially encoded 1 specific file on each disk as a protection. (D1 VTS_17_1.vob. D2 VTS_18_4.vob ......)

I am not really sure, what you are doing with individual .vob files. You should never open / process them directly in any way. Please elaborate.

Downton Abbey S4

I am not really sure, what you are doing with individual .vob files. You should never open / process them directly in any way. Please elaborate.

I always copy the dvd over to my hard disk, then run CloneDVDmobile from the hard file. It avoids retry issues on DVDs with a scratch.
As well some protection schemes create multiple copies of the .vob files (ghosts if you will). These specific disks appear to have 15 copies! (net result 106Gb on a DVD?) see attached directory listingView attachment 24146

The trick is figuring out the real copy.

I always copy the dvd over to my hard disk, then run CloneDVDmobile from the hard file. It avoids retry issues on DVDs with a scratch.
As well some protection schemes create multiple copies of the .vob files (ghosts if you will). These specific disks appear to have 15 copies! (net result 106Gb on a DVD?) see attached directory listingView attachment 24146

The trick is figuring out the real copy.

If you want to copy to harddisk first, use the AnyDVD ripper, do not copy the files with explorer. This will eliminate all the redundant files.

Downton Abbey S4

Just use AnyDVD ripper's "rip video dvd to harddisk ..." feature. I believe, this is exactly what you want.

Many thanks it works fine now. Was the issue AnyDVDRipper or the version of AnyDvdvd? 7.4.30 vs 7.4.3.2 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back