• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Request Downloaded subtitles (SRT) lose formatting tags

Looks fine on Tom Clancy S03E01 ...
r0 is located in the lower section of the picture, r1 is on the upper section

Tested in VLC player. Works without manually adjusting anything.
I didn't know it was working now, the last time I checked for TTML subtitles it didn't work, the location was not managed, I'll check this.

I believe I already tested all subtitles as I said in an earlier post, and they all work fine. I use them quite often.

Ok, just tested with TTML subtitles and they do get the proper formatting tags. I guess I'll download using this format and clean/convert them myself afterwards.
Thanks everyone for the clarification.

I already created a topic for this a few weeks ago for formatted subs and position.
https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/subtitles-format-style.86124/
Ok, just tested with TTML subtitles and they do get the proper formatting tags. I guess I'll download using this format and clean/convert them myself afterwards.
Thanks everyone for the clarification.

I retried with the movie I posted in this topic with ttml files and it's the same as previous. It doesn't work for all titles I think.

1680026774961.png

View attachment 69019

Seems like the issue is back even with TTML subtitles, or as the user in the last post said, it depends on the title. I just tried the new season of The Witcher and there are no formatting tags again. Italics are just missing and I confirmed they are included downloading them directly from the browser with a simple extension.

This was never solved for me, I chose to use an external tool to download the subtitles and mux them with the videos. It solves 2 problems, the formatting and the forced subs not downloaded when you use the queue (only on AP, D+ and NF were fixed for the forced subs).

This was never solved for me, I chose to use an external tool to download the subtitles and mux them with the videos. It solves 2 problems, the formatting and the forced subs not downloaded when you use the queue (only on AP, D+ and NF were fixed for the forced subs).

It's unfortunate we have to use external tools. Would be great to just have the program download the correct subtitles like a very simple (and free) browser extension can do.

It's unfortunate we have to use external tools. Would be great to just have the program download the correct subtitles like a very simple (and free) browser extension can do.
AS is not a complete browser...so no extensions. You can't play them in it either...that would also take an external tool.

AS is not a complete browser...so no extensions. You can't play them in it either...that would also take an external tool.
I didn't mean it like that. I meant that if a simple browser extension can do it and download precise subtitles, why can't a fully fledged application like AS do it to?

I believe I already tested all subtitles as I said in an earlier post, and they all work fine. I use them quite often.
This issue is still present, I was wondering if it'll ever be looked into again to be able to implement proper formatting tags in downloaded subtitles.

I've recently checked with NF, Amazon and D+. The only one that downloads formatting tags is Amazon. NF and D+ are stripped.

Thanks.

D+ has still sometimes <c.speaker> in lines itself, but header is missing and some clients like Plex display these tags then.

@RedFox 1

The problem is that Anystream is converting the subtitles into SRT and the conversion ends up being badly done. The best solution would be for Anystream to add the option to download the subtitles in VTT (if they don't lose their formatting), as Streamfab does (they come in VTT and don't lose their formatting), and then anyone who wanted to could convert them to SRT with SubtitleEdit, because it converts very well and doesn't lose the formatting. Or figure out how SubtitleEdit converts so as not to lose the formatting and add the same type of conversion to Anystream.

Please give this some priority as the subtitles are losing their formatting and this is very important.

Thanks

@RedFox 1

The problem has not been resolved, marking the topic as resolved is wrong.
RF1, I agree, this hasn't been resolved and there are several threads with plenty of evidential logs that confirm it is still broken, at least on MAX (for me). From when you posted this when you say all are fine there may have been a AS regression or a provider change but it's still broken as of this last 1.7.0.0 release.

maybe an UNDER INVESTIGATION rather than RESOLVED category on this thread as well as the several others threads identifying similar out of sync subtitles might be in order and more accurate for those users just coming across it on a search first before you post which we all promote ?

Last edited:
Back