Downloaded Movies / No audio.

Discussion in 'AnyStream' started by Bellringer, Sep 30, 2020.

1. Bellringer

Bellringer New Member

I've downloaded 3 different movies from Amazon, I'm getting the same result no audio from all 3.

Log attached.

Attached Files:

2. mmdavis

mmdavis Well-Known Member

Just to check, what are you using for playback? I had that happen to me using Windows Media Player for playback, no audio on all. Using MPC-HC they all work fine.

3. schorman

schorman New Member

I have seen the same issue when downloading movies from Amazon with stereo audio. It's not that the files don't have audio, it's that it's in a less than compatible format.

Looking at the hex data for the audio, shows that it's in raw aac format, which can be unplayable with certain hardware and software, and cannot easily be demuxed or even decoded using typical tools.

It would be helpful if AnyStream could add adts frame headers to the audio to make it more compatible. It would simply require adding a 7 byte frame header to each aac frame.

4. Prospere

Prospere RedFox Development Team

AnyStream is merely a downloader application and has no ability to process neither audio nor video streams.

5. schorman

schorman New Member

Well that's not exactly true is it? I can download lots of streams from Amazon without AnyStream. None of them play though.
    There's already processing going on. This would just be an extra tiny bit.

6. Bellringer

Bellringer New Member

I use PLEX for playback, no audio. When I use Windows Media Player all the downloads work fine.:banghead:

7. Prospere

Prospere RedFox Development Team

None of them plays because they are encrypted. Decryption and stream processing is not the same.

8. schorman

schorman New Member

This issue seems to have been fixed in v1.0.3. AAC audio is now including the ADTS headers. That should greatly improve compatibility. Thanks for the attention. :)