• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Download multiple languages

Audio description is now required for all new videos. Not all sites have handled it well. HBO was one of the worst. Many shows started out only having
AD audio and no actual English track...ooops!

Audio quality is a different subject. Like video, it depends on what the provider is willing to let a browser have access too. Even though 640kb audio is
available...that doesn't mean you can have it. Normally audio is scaled with video...the lowest level of 1080p is going to have the lower level of audio.
AS is run through a browser so not all mpd files are made available to it. On an L1 device, you are going to get the best. Browsers are for the most part
L3. The trade off...L3 keys are unlikely to get blacklisted. L1 keys are more likely especially if they are grabbing 4K materials.

For most sites....when bandwidth demands lower...they will again raise quality. but for now...the normal audio quality looks like about 386kb's. If you've
noticed...many of AS sites now have it as an option when 5.1 audio is available. 192kbs is the usual norm for 2 channel audio.

As for the example above...it was grabbed with an L3 key, but not through a browser, so the evil browser limits are not in place. I know it's sad when
your tiny cell phone screen is allowed access to higher quality than your browser, but that's where we are at at the moment. I know that's not what
you want to hear....but one of the first things determined is the device being used. If it's a browser...limits are put in place. Just keep your hopes
up...developers are making strides all the time to get around the roadblocks. You will notice on HBOMAX that some new movies are
even being offered at 770kbs in AS....it's all what the provider will allow.

BTW...you were correct about Amazon in an earlier post....they offered English at 640kbs everywhere but the US....that then changed to 640kbs
for every language but English in all countries and now I believe for new encodes, 640kbs is back. I'm pretty sure Audio Description was the cause
of that debacle. I believe they just waited until the last minute to comply with the new law....maybe thinking it wouldn't be mandatory, and they
grabbed the 1st audio stream and changed it to AD....if you noticed...all of the AD audio streams were 640kbs.

Sorry to ramble on...but as long as browser restrictions apply...AS will be limited by them. I did not use a browser to grab the above movie.

The same happens in other software I use and nobody knew how to explain it right. It's the best elucidation I've had on the subject, I enjoyed reading every word. Thank you for taking the time. You have the knowledge and I admire you for passing it on. Now I have a sense. Once again thank you. (I always use a translator for this language, sorry if the words don't obey the linguistics).

What about subtitles?
There's no issue downloading multiple at once ... are those handled any different?
Yes, because the subs are an all in one small file for the entire show or movie. Audio is only grabbed a small piece at a time.

If you change subtitle languages mid movie...another small file is downloaded and is for the entire movie. The player takes
a few seconds to switch, but it knows exactly where to play from based on the srt timing entries.

I've only had AS for a little over a week and registered just to add to this.

Selecting multiple audio tracks is the one feature this program needs to completely blow away every other competitor.

A certain "grabber of flix" has no problem selecting every audio/sub language you want before downloading. This is fantastic, especially for anime.. and of course all the non-native english speaking users.
Buuuut, their support is hot garbage. Issues from 5 versions ago still exist, they blame the users. For example the app will download 2 episodes and then hang, requiring a task-kill, wait forever for it to rescan the saved download list, repeat. Beyond annoying when you're grabbing any series.

Yet AS aside from the recent DRM issues has been phenomenal - I've grabbed more in my week of ownership than the last 3 months of fighting with "grabber of flix". I tried AS for 3 days before buying lifetime (a week before the sale -.-; ) even with the no multi-audio issue.

I believe in this app and it's team. Nothing but positive everywhere I've looked and all the threads I've read.

Back