• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Question Download Location(s)

pooky2483

Would it be at all possible to have different save locations for films & TV Series?
I like to save my films in /Films & TV Series in /TV Series, ATM I have them in /Anystream and would like to empty that folder so each file is in it's respective folder as, when I move them manually, Anystream forgets that I have downloaded them and doesn't remind me that I have already downloaded a certain film or series episode aand lets me download it again.

It should get pinned (again, I think it was at some time)

Would it be at all possible to have different save locations for films & TV Series?
I like to save my films in /Films & TV Series in /TV Series, ATM I have them in /Anystream and would like to empty that folder so each file is in it's respective folder as, when I move them manually, Anystream forgets that I have downloaded them and doesn't remind me that I have already downloaded a certain film or series episode aand lets me download it again.
AnyStream doesn't forget anything, it never knew what you downloaded. Only you know that.;) If you leave everything in the default folder it will tell you that the download is already there.

AnyStream doesn't forget anything, it never knew what you downloaded. Only you know that.;) If you leave everything in the default folder it will tell you that the download is already there.
I know that versions of a movie can change over time, so there is no real way to track everything that has been downloaded. But might it me possible to just collect the links and language codes/resolutions, so if I visit the site again it can see that the link exists in the .txt file and then give me a little indicator.
For example:
"You already downloaded this movie/episode 1, 2.. and used the german audio setting for 1080p."

If that sounds too extensive, it should be enough to just save the links and then make a little symbol next to the downloadables video/for every episode in the season, telling the user it has been downloaded, but without the additional information. But that would be enough as I can then check the files.
And the reason why I said save the links to a .txt file, because then you can add links manually. If you download a movie now, AS would add it, but everything you already have is gone. That way you could look it up when going through your library, and add the links to the .txt file.

I know that versions of a movie can change over time, so there is no real way to track everything that has been downloaded. But might it me possible to just collect the links and language codes/resolutions, so if I visit the site again it can see that the link exists in the .txt file and then give me a little indicator.
For example:
"You already downloaded this movie/episode 1, 2.. and used the german audio setting for 1080p."

If that sounds too extensive, it should be enough to just save the links and then make a little symbol next to the downloadables video/for every episode in the season, telling the user it has been downloaded, but without the additional information. But that would be enough as I can then check the files.
And the reason why I said save the links to a .txt file, because then you can add links manually. If you download a movie now, AS would add it, but everything you already have is gone. That way you could look it up when going through your library, and add the links to the .txt file.
You know that the logfile changes as soon as you close the program. It would be too massive to upload if every movie you ever download was kept on file in your log. The log files are for the developers to see if you have an issue with a download. Thats it. Its, 's not a library for your downloads, use an Excel spreadsheet.

You know that logfile changes as soon as you close the program. It would be too massive to upload if every movie you ever download was kept on file in your log.
I am not talking about the log. I mean a user-specific .txt file that AS puts every link of downloaded videos in. So if I download https://www.amazon.de/gp/video/detail/xx, it would save this link in the .txt file. When I visit the site next time, it checks the .txt file for the link, and if it can find it, it will show the indicator icon. Just like adblockers work, they also use lists and if something could be found, it gets removed.

When going with my extensive approach, it would look like this:
Provider videoID Res Lang
Amz xx 1080p, 720p DE, EN, JP

This file could then be saved in the Documents Folder or another user-specified place, so it doesn't get removed when clearing the cache or uninstalling the program.

And sure, you might ask what's about lower-end PCs. Well, Adblock lists have thousands of entries and even on my 10-year old laptop, I can use it just fine. And AS would not remove anything, it would only check for a match. But unlike an adblocker, it would not modify the site. So even if someone already downloaded 1000 movies and 500 seasons, there should be no big issue.
If there is, there can be a checkbox to disable the check if it is going too slow. Or the user can set a timeout, if AS needs more then 10 seconds for example.

Of course this is not high-priority, I just wanted to write it down when I'm at it anyways. But it could help users without a list to avoid double-downloads more easily when they can't remember the name of the show, or if they got it from the Amz P+ channel or P+ itself. (I want to create a list for myself, but it will take quite some time till I even begin).

Thats something for the user to compile, AnyStream is just a downloader.
But AS has to use it. There is no point in compiling a list when AS hasn't got the function to check this .txt yet. As I consider it low priority, I will just wait if the devs do something in that manner and then happily check it.

You are screwed as soon as the provider changes something in the link or ID ... then your whole list is obsolete.
I'm with RF1 here ... the user has to keep track what was downloaded, that's what collection libraries are for.

Im completley lost now.
I figure that AS does not keep a record, it lust looks in the specified folder for a file of the samme name.
What's with the screenshot at the top by RedFox1 where the first address box shows a location and then the two formats, 'films' & 'series' both show a file location but they're identical. Why show this if the file locations can NOT be different!

The root is the same sure, but you can add "movies\" and "tvshows\showname\" in the template to make 2 different folders.
And the template of tv shows is different of movie (season and episode numbers)

Im completley lost now.
I figure that AS does not keep a record, it lust looks in the specified folder for a file of the samme name.
What's with the screenshot at the top by RedFox1 where the first address box shows a location and then the two formats, 'films' & 'series' both show a file location but they're identical. Why show this if the file locations can NOT be different!
You can do it, but you would have to change the Drive locations for episodes and then back to another drive for movies. If you make an Excel spreadsheet and add the film and episodic series you want to download, plan on the movies and then the titles with episodes. There is no way for AnyStream to keep track of what you download, to be honest, I don't think the members would like it if we did that. It's none of our business what you download, we just give you the ability to do it.

Im completley lost now.
You definitely can do that. here is an example of what I am doing, it's a little goofy with the names of the folders because I have some automation that happens when a file gets dumped in those folders. easy peasy :)
1686262523174.png

Back