• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Download limits

Dumbi

First of all: Thanks for the great software!

Also, I agree on the download limits and it is totally fine to have them, but I wonder if it could only count successively downloaded videos?

For example, from time to time my internet connection drops during downloading and AnyStream terminates the download process with the download-finished note. But of course, it only downloaded the first part of the movie. So is there a way to check if the download aborted because of a missing internet connection and count the download only if the video is downloaded completely?

@Dumbi thanks for bringing this up!
Technically it is doable, but I am not promising anything as of now ("the jury will deliberate"). We need to see how it may fit into the existing implementation.

Just thinking here. Maybe when the download starts, put a 'hold' on the token and only actually subtract from the bucket upon successfully completion. That does require being able to distinguish between an actual successfully download and a 'finished' one due to some type of connection error.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Thanks @Prospere for your reply and possibly taking care of it!

Independently of not counting the „failed download“ for the tokens, it might be helpful to see also an error message like „Download failed because of your internet connection.“. So far, it terminates with the same message as for a successful download. So if I just start the download and let AnyStream do its job, I‘m not getting the error in case of internet problems directly, but only if I check the downloaded file.

Thanks @Prospere for your reply and possibly taking care of it!

Independently of not counting the „failed download“ for the tokens, it might be helpful to see also an error message like „Download failed because of your internet connection.“. So far, it terminates with the same message as for a successful download. So if I just start the download and let AnyStream do its job, I‘m not getting the error in case of internet problems directly, but only if I check the downloaded file.
Sure, will take care of this too

Back