Download limits

Discussion in 'AnyStream' started by Dumbi, Oct 25, 2020.

1. Dumbi

Dumbi New Member

First of all: Thanks for the great software!

Also, I agree on the download limits and it is totally fine to have them, but I wonder if it could only count successively downloaded videos?

For example, from time to time my internet connection drops during downloading and AnyStream terminates the download process with the download-finished note. But of course, it only downloaded the first part of the movie. So is there a way to check if the download aborted because of a missing internet connection and count the download only if the video is downloaded completely?

2. Prospere

Prospere RedFox Development Team

@Dumbi thanks for bringing this up!
    Technically it is doable, but I am not promising anything as of now ("the jury will deliberate"). We need to see how it may fit into the existing implementation.

whatever_gong82 and Dumbi like this.
  3. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator NL & Mod

Just thinking here. Maybe when the download starts, put a 'hold' on the token and only actually subtract from the bucket upon successfully completion. That does require being able to distinguish between an actual successfully download and a 'finished' one due to some type of connection error.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

zero269 and whatever_gong82 like this.
  4. Dumbi

Dumbi New Member

Thanks @Prospere for your reply and possibly taking care of it!

Independently of not counting the „failed download“ for the tokens, it might be helpful to see also an error message like „Download failed because of your internet connection.“. So far, it terminates with the same message as for a successful download. So if I just start the download and let AnyStream do its job, I‘m not getting the error in case of internet problems directly, but only if I check the downloaded file.

whatever_gong82 likes this.
  5. Prospere

Prospere RedFox Development Team

Sure, will take care of this too