• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Download Limit Separate for NT and AMZN or counted as one?

TubeBar

I have only been doing Amazon as haven't renewed by netflix but thinking of of doing that.

Does AS limit Amazon and NT separately or is this whole limit bunched together?

Since I am downloading Popeye cartoons on Amazon (only 7 min each) I get limit all the time, so I have a lot of downtime. I was thinking of doing Netflix too but if the limit is bunched together I will get the limit right away if I start.

A valid AnyStream license is limited to approximately 280 downloads per week to avoid being blocked by your streaming provider. You have a quota of 100 downloads. Whenever some of it is used up, it will refill at a rate of 1 download every 36 minutes. This amounts to an average of 280 downloads per week plus the initial 100.

AS doesn't explain this on their page just says 280 file download limit a week which assumes to covers your total downloads and not 280 for Netflix and 280 for Amazon.

Last edited:
There's 1 single combined limit.

That makes no sense, why would my downloading on Amazon effect Neflix? As if counting by files doesn't make sense this is even more ridiculous. Why is this so poorly implemented?

The limit is on your license, not the streaming provider side. It's perfectly well implemented. Prior to starting the download, your license id (AND ONLY THAT, not what you're going to download) is sent to redfox to know from which user they need to deduct a download token from their 'token bucket'.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Why are they limiting my license? If I buy a second one will that bypass the limit? I fail to see why it's even limited like that? I thought it was so providers don't ban us? If that's the case Amazon and Netflix should be treated separately.

They're not limiting just your license, that limit is imposed on EVERY LICENSE. The 280 downloads a week is clearly stated on the product page, and is indeed (along other reasons) to prevent an account from being flagged by the provider for 'download abuse'.

A second license will only 'bypass' the system in that it'll give your another 280 a week. It will NOT remove the limit entirely. What they should or shouldn't do isn't up to us to decide, it's up to redfox. The limit afaik will be re-evaluated after a while. (Note I have no idea how long that 'while' will be)

Why are they limiting my license? If I buy a second one will that bypass the limit? I fail to see why it's even limited like that? I thought it was so providers don't ban us? If that's the case Amazon and Netflix should be treated separately.

I guess it's RedFox's way of saying that this tool is licensed for your own (and your family's) legitimate and personal use, not for people running pirate factories 24 hours a day, downloading until their internet connection catches fire to share with everyone and their dog.

That's another reason. There's also the fact that a week according to Google has 10080 minutes. If you only download tv shows for example at 45min each x280 = 12600 minutes.

Meaning you can technically download more content than you're physically able to watch ik a week, back to back with ZERO time for sleep/work.

As I said this is very poorly implemented.

1. I am currently downloading Popeye cartoons that are 7 min each, I get limited all the time in 1 hour. Yet if it was 2 hour movies the exact same limit would apply. As you said according to Google has 10080 minutes is in a week, yet they count by file instead of time.

2. They treat Amazon and Netflix as one account.

3. They force you to download 1 TV show at a time not allowing a simply que for files. That takes a lot of manual work. Granted more a feature issue but batch is so common these days even Amazon lets you play 1 video after the other automatically and also download batch too.

I think I am going to buy a second license just for Netflix and use it on my other PC (not mix and match accounts as not getting banned).

Batch downloading is under consideration

Batch downloading is under consideration

Yes I know. I don't mean to sound to harsh with this, I am very grateful w/ Redfox and do support them, just there is some standard and obvious oversights I hope they fix.

One would think that part of the confusion is due to the fact that most if not all users of AnyStream would think of it as a utility that makes use of (currently) two services Amaz / Netfx. Rightfully so, and to that point the limits are intended to be a reasonable compromise to prevent abuse / exploitation of the two supported services.

However, it would seem RedFox views AnyStream itself as a services that can be abused thus making it three services in question not two.

I’m not totally against some limits. However, the logic implemented in the 280 scheme isn’t intuitive. Also, implying or outright stating that the limits are (in part) due to preventing issues with the providers is understandable on an individual service but not the aggregate of the two (or more in the future).

in other words, if Amaz will tolerate a limit of “X”, therefore your total download limit for Amaz and Netfx aggregated is just “X” is a tough sell. Intuitively people expect a limit of “X” for Amaz and a limit of “X” for Netfx not some shared bucket.

Anyway, AnyStream is a great utility and I suspect that the limit is relatively generous for most user thus most users won’t run up against it at all from week to week.

They're not limiting just your license, that limit is imposed on EVERY LICENSE. The 280 downloads a week is clearly stated on the product page, and is indeed (along other reasons) to prevent an account from being flagged by the provider for 'download abuse'.

A second license will only 'bypass' the system in that it'll give your another 280 a week. It will NOT remove the limit entirely. What they should or shouldn't do isn't up to us to decide, it's up to redfox. The limit afaik will be re-evaluated after a while. (Note I have no idea how long that 'while' will be)

As part of the re-evaluation, I'd like to see the limit be on a per provider basis. This would avoid the full limit being used against one provider and further avoid attention. I'd propose that rather than a limit of 280 against A and N combined, the limit be 175 each.

so if AS can’t connect to Red Fox servers for some reason, then i can’t use the software?

i read above as AS needing to essentially “phone home” each time i download

that's because it is. in order to know whom's token bucket needs to be reduced by 1 (per download), the license ID is sent as an identification / authentication to the bucket. That's the only info transmitted

Back