• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Double layer DVD writer problems

DavidRW

:confused: :confused: I use Clone DVD2 ver 2.9.0.3 with AnyDVD ver 6.1.2.5 and a Sony DW-Q30A ver YYS4. BUT, even if I select DVD +/-R DL as the output size and using a DVD-R DL blank DVD, after the DVD reading session, I receive an error message that the "write to" media is not large enough to write to and I must restart and set to DVD 5. Kind of defeats the purpose of having e DL DVD writer. Anybody have any suggestions? OS is W2K SP4. Thanks

Last edited:
:confused: :confused: I use Clone DVD2 ver 2.9.0.3 with AnyDVD ver 6.1.2.5 and a Sony DW-Q30A ver YYS4. BUT, even if I select DVD +/-R DL as the output size and using a DVD-R DL blank DVD, after the DVD reading session, I receive an error message that the "write to" media is not large enough to write to and I must restart and set to DVD 5. Kind of defeats the purpose of having e DL DVD writer. Anybody have any suggestions?
Here's the latest firmware upgrade for your drive. http://www.sonyisstorage.com/bv_downloads/cpce/dvd/YYS7_WIN_B.EXE

In addition to upgrading your firmware, I strongly recommend, in the the future you use +R DL media instead--especially Verbatim +R DL media, if your burner supports +R DL.

While you can use Clonedvd2, if you would like to see my preferred method of backing up movies, visit
http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=327

Media

Also, what type (brand) media are you using, have you used this successfully before, and can the blank be recognized by AnyDVD or CDSpeed and give an actual manufacturer? And does your writer support dual layer (-DL)?

Also, what type (brand) media are you using, have you used this successfully before, and can the blank be recognized by AnyDVD or CDSpeed and give an actual manufacturer? And does your writer support dual layer (-DL)?

Media Brand is Ridata (Ritek, USA) DVD-R DL. I've had good results previously with this brand (single layer). And yes, this Sony DVD writer is supposed to support dual-layer writing.

Updating Firmware

:( :( Thanks for the new URL. I was able to download the executable file, but I am experiencing problems trying to perform the update.....perhaps I'm doing something wrong???? Any suggestions????

@ DavidRW,

As of this date/time the only DL Media that consistently provides error free results is Verbatim +R DL MKM001/MKM003 Mitsubishi Kagaku Media. Suggest discontinuing the use of your Ridata (Ritek, USA) DVD-R DL because there have been numerous reports that this particular Media is problematic. Also any –R DL Media can prove to problematic because –R DL Media cannot be Book Type Bit Set to DVD-ROM, which can easily cause playback compatibility problems in many DVD playback devices. Stick with Verbatim +R DL MKM001/MKM003 Mitsubishi Kagaku Media and you should not have any problems caused by blank DL Media.

Regards,
Coaster

Hi :)
Does this help on the flashing?

Thanks,
I tried that. What occurs is when I open the .exe file, nothing happens except my machine locks up and must be re-started. I don't get anything at all, much less the dialogue box your link shows. I wonder if it'll run under safe mode. Perhaps there is a software conflict.....

@ DavidRW,

As of this date/time the only DL Media that consistently provides error free results is Verbatim +R DL MKM001/MKM003 Mitsubishi Kagaku Media. Suggest discontinuing the use of your Ridata (Ritek, USA) DVD-R DL because there have been numerous reports that this particular Media is problematic. Also any –R DL Media can prove to problematic because –R DL Media cannot be Book Type Bit Set to DVD-ROM, which can easily cause playback compatibility problems in many DVD playback devices. Stick with Verbatim +R DL MKM001/MKM003 Mitsubishi Kagaku Media and you should not have any problems caused by blank DL Media.

Regards,
Coaster

Thanks for the info...I'll try that. It kind of hurts though because I have 25 Ridata -R DL blanks left over.

:( Still didn't work...I'll try again when the new media (+R DL) arrives. Thanks to all!

DavidRW

Back