• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Doom9?

Doom9:

Something is messed up in the forum. If you look up "Decrypting" and click last post "Public MKBs" the thread is still there but it's not listed as a thread under "Decrypting". Only the "Stickies".

Totally agree. Best around.

So glad you didn't say Samsung. Every model ive seen freezes for a bout one frame about 60% of the time on scene change.

Picture on the LG is untouchable, in a different class.

Naw, I did my homework. I've got it fairly well calibrated now and it's freaking unbelievable. I've got Dolby Vision from VUDU and Netflix through the LG app and I've got my HTPC set up now with madvr (thank god doom9 is back) and outputting HDR from my UHD MKV rips. I also have a SHIELD that can play those same rips in PLEX. I'm super happy with this whole new setup. Glad I made the jump to 4K!

Doom9:

Something is messed up in the forum. If you look up "Decrypting" and click last post "Public MKBs" the thread is still there but it's not listed as a thread under "Decrypting". Only the "Stickies".

Indexes are broken then. Someone's going to have to run maintenance on the DB. Yuck!

Naw, I did my homework. I've got it fairly well calibrated now and it's freaking unbelievable. I've got Dolby Vision from VUDU and Netflix through the LG app and I've got my HTPC set up now with madvr (thank god doom9 is back) and outputting HDR from my UHD MKV rips. I also have a SHIELD that can play those same rips in PLEX. I'm super happy with this whole new setup. Glad I made the jump to 4K!

SHIELD blinding. 4K awesome but unfortunately in UK, BD4K not selling well at all which is a shame. Think as far as disk 4K is concerned, days are numbered.

I love the SHIELD that thing rocks. As for disc sale, it's doing well in some regions. I think it's actually surprising the studios just how strong the sales are. Obviously the one thing they never seem to understand is that people like me will only buy them once they can be backed up and format shifted. Since ripping became possible a lot more people have been buying them. I don't have many in my collection yet but I'm now on the 4K bandwagon and will be buying all 4K going forward. And while VUDU in 4K DV is amazing, the discs are so much better. With madvr they look absolutely incredible. So I don't think 4K BD is going away any time soon. At least not yet.

I love the SHIELD that thing rocks. As for disc sale, it's doing well in some regions. I think it's actually surprising the studios just how strong the sales are. Obviously the one thing they never seem to understand is that people like me will only buy them once they can be backed up and format shifted. Since ripping became possible a lot more people have been buying them. I don't have many in my collection yet but I'm now on the 4K bandwagon and will be buying all 4K going forward. And while VUDU in 4K DV is amazing, the discs are so much better. With madvr they look absolutely incredible. So I don't think 4K BD is going away any time soon. At least not yet.

Glad to hear that, quite a few outlets in UK have stopped stocking them as they are not shifting.

Being able to back up ALL 4KBD may have saved the day, but as usual they shoot themselves in the foot. Lets hope this will be possible soon, (and it needs to be soon). Timing is important due to the shift from Disk generally and this is also having a negative effect of course.

Glad to hear that, quite a few outlets in UK have stopped stocking them as they are not shifting.

Being able to back up ALL 4KBD may have saved the day, but as usual they shoot themselves in the foot. Lets hope this will be possible soon, (and it needs to be soon). Timing is important due to the shift from Disk generally and this is also having a negative effect of course.

I don't believe there's any that can't currently be backed up with at least one of the methods out there. Every disc I have I've been able to back up to my NAS. Ready Player One just showed up so I can't WAIT to mess with that disc.

Back