• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

"Donnie Brasco" will not copy.

O

odd_function

There is a new version of arccoss on this disc.
AnyDVD and cloneDVD2 lastest versions and It would not copy. I tried to get the ifos but It would not let me. (error copying to desktop)

:)

Erm, Donnie Brasco is a really old one. Or am I wron now? What makes you sure that this is a new arccos protection?
Post the anydvd status window please.

Im 100% certain it has arrcoss on it due to the disc being brand new.

Summary for drive H: (AnyDVD 6.1.6.5)
HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-H10N JL10 0302230614E5FF4631
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 2061856 sectors (4027 MBytes)
Total size: 4040637 sectors (7891 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: DVD_VIDEO
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1!

RCE protection not found.
DVD structure appears to be correct.
Structural copy protection not found.
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

:)

Im 100% certain it has arrcoss on it due to the disc being brand new.

And I'm 100% certain there isn't on your disc.

Try cleaning your disc. Download Nero cd-dvd speed. It's a free program. Select the tab labeled "scandisc". Select the appropriate drive letter, and click "start". If Nero cd-dvd speed reports read errors, your disc is (probably) bad and needs to be exchanged--even if it plays fine (or your optical drive could be slowly dying).

Last edited:
I simply get a read error message in CloneDVD2.
what's funny is that the disc is brand new. No scratches.

Try cleaning your disc. Download Nero cd-dvd speed. It's a free program. Select the tab labeled "scandisc". Select the appropriate drive letter, and click "start". If Nero cd-dvd speed reports read errors, your disc is (probably) bad and needs to be exchanged--even if it plays fine (or your optical drive could be slowly dying).

Even if a disc looks and plays fine, it doesn't mean it is fine.

A CRC-error?
You still did not answer if this is a sony disc.
Also it is possible that it is just a bad press.

I just did it last week with AnyDVD 6165,DVD Shrink and ImgBurn

No Problems :D

For all the above parties information: there are two region1 DVD releases of Donnie Brasco.

One is called the "Special Edition" and was released in 2000.

The second is called the "Extended Cut" and was released in May of this year (2007).

This FYI post is just to make sure everyone contributing to this discussion is on the same release-version page ...

Whisperer

Back