• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Dolby Vision

vmax5000

I just have a question about Dolby Vision, I noticed that if I rip my UHD Disks that have Dolby Vision the rip only seems to have HDR10 or it is not recognizing Dolby Vision. Does the rip only contain HDR or am I missing something?

Thanks

A bit more information would help the community help you. What is your process for ripping? You'll need to mention any and all software involved and the steps you use. Someone might be able to help you once that is known.

Cheers,

--michael

Or going another way with this...the ONLY way you're going to keep Dolby Vision is by keeping the disc structure. You can compress it and burn it to BD-R/E or potentially a BD-XL if your player supports playing from that media type. But yes, we need to know what you're trying to do and what equipment you're working with would greatly help us help you.

I just have a question about Dolby Vision, I noticed that if I rip my UHD Disks that have Dolby Vision the rip only seems to have HDR10 or it is not recognizing Dolby Vision. Does the rip only contain HDR or am I missing something?

Thanks
AnyDVD decrypts. It leaves Audio & Video (including Dolby Vision) untouched.

Hey sorry guys,

I just meant it as a question, I wasn't looking for help yet. If it can keep the Dolby Vision, I would research it before I asked for help. I got the answer I was looking for by SamuriHL by the sounds of it, I usually rip the movie by copying the video disc to a folder using anydvd and the rip out the movie with makemkv. So I guess that explains it, I need to keep the folder with the disc structure if I want to keep it.

Thanks for the feedback...

V

A couple things on your process. First, yes, you need to keep the whole disc structure in order to keep Dolby Vision. There are people who are ripping it to MP4's that play on certain TV's but you will lose HD audio by doing that. So, not really recommended. Second, if you're just ripping to MKV without compressing, why aren't you using CloneBD? It gives you a lot of control over the process and for the workflow of just creating a lossless MKV it's free. No need to rip first, either. Just process the disc with AnyDVD running directly in CloneBD.

Thanks for the info SamuriHL.
I'm running everything on a plex server, and I have been buying dvd's, blu-rays and UHD discs (both TV and Moives) for many years and I have a HUGE library of everything ripped and put on several NAS storage devices. I am not familiar with CloneBD, I used to have licenses for CloneDVD but I used to use that to copy to physical media, which I gave up on and started the rip to mkv process and put it on hard drives for use with plex. Does CloneBD rip to a MKV file? I don't want to ask a lot of questions until I can look into it, and if I can't figure it out, then I usually ask questions.
I will check into the CloneBD, thanks again...
V

CloneBD can remaster a blu-ray or UHD into various formats. The paid version will allow you to compress, as well. I also use Plex on my SHIELD with a NAS as storage and I rip both blu-ray and UHD to it with no problem. The same folders on the NAS that Plex uses I have as my J River MC library. Rip once, play anywhere. I use CloneBD to remaster everything into a lossless MKV container. You can't go wrong looking into CloneBD. You can find all the information you need here on the forum in the CloneBD section.

Hey SamuriHL
I just had a look at CloneBD, I can see how it would help, but with the Canadian peso it is pretty pricey for me, but I will look at it in the future!

Thanks again

Better start by figuring out how you can play a full disc structure with DolbyVision. Doesn't matter how you create it if you can't play it. How do you intend to play these rips?

I really don't care if I can play Dolby Vision with my rips, it was just a question (can it be done?), I got my answer. I'm not interested in trying to run a full disc structure, so I will just have to suffer with HDR! I hope this clears things up.. I no longer want to try to get it working, I am not looking for any help to try and make it work and so I don't need anymore help/comments on this subject.
Thanks to everyone for their feedback!

Oh and SamuriHL, Big Thanks on the recommendation to try out CloneBD, it's AWESOME! I do like to support developers by purchasing the software, but right now I just can't. As soon as I can I will purchase it even if I don't need the extra features, but in the meantime the free version is giving me all I want..

V

Better start by figuring out how you can play a full disc structure with DolbyVision. Doesn't matter how you create it if you can't play it. How do you intend to play these rips?
It's not hard. Burn them to rewriteable media. A 50gb bd-re means you can slightly compress it to make it fit and burn it. I tried a few of my dv titles and there is very little quality lost. It's way better than Vudu streaming of dv that's for sure.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I really don't need to burn them to rewriteable media, I own the original, so I can just play that if I want to view Dolby Vision.

Sure, as do I. But I've found UHD media to be very susceptible to fingerprints, grease, oil, lunar eclipse, sunspots, and downright meanness in terms of playing. Which is why I back all my stuff up to MKV and use madvr for tonemapping. But, when I want to watch Dolby Vision stuff, being able to throw it on a rewriteable and chuck it into the UB820 is nice. Less handling of the originals is always the way to go.

Hey sorry guys,

I just meant it as a question, I wasn't looking for help yet. If it can keep the Dolby Vision, I would research it before I asked for help. I got the answer I was looking for by SamuriHL by the sounds of it, I usually rip the movie by copying the video disc to a folder using anydvd and the rip out the movie with makemkv. So I guess that explains it, I need to keep the folder with the disc structure if I want to keep it.

Thanks for the feedback...

V
not sure how you will play the dolby vision rip full structure or not.
there are no streamers that i know off that will play dolby vision titles.at the minute i use an LG player for disc DV playback and an apple tv for streamed DV movies.

I create DolbyVision Movies directly for the media player of the Lg Oled TV with mp4muxer, works perfectly and saves me a DV capable UHDBD player

20190501_193808.jpg

Yeah - but you have to compromise audio. There is still no solution keeping it all.

I can live with that right now. Thanks to Atmos and DTS: x upmixing, it's not that hard to make those compromises

Not for me - but that's me.

Nevermind - but it should be outlined that right now there is no solution besides discs that keeps everything. Therefore I'm still with discs. And only for that reason.

Back