• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Dolby Vision Supported with Intel in new Windows Update?

Darthgup

I am posting this in the UHD section since it pertains to UHD playback. If this is a hardware discussion, please advise and I will move and sorry in advance.

I am unsure if anyone else has seen this, or if I am not reading this correct - but I found this information on my Intel Drivers Video Drivers Update:

Windows®10May2020Update Ready Intel Graphics Installer Changes 5 This driver is WDDM 2.7 compliant and ready for the Windows10May2020Update. It introduces support for DolbyVision and the new DirectX* 12 Shader Model 6.5 compiler on 7th Generation Intel® Core processors or higher (Intel® HD Graphics 610 or higher).

Does this mean we can finally get Dolby Vision on HTPC playback? Is there a player that supports this or anyone knows of players that may support?

Moved to General chat.

The UHD section is reserved for AnyDVD UHD disc related issues only. Since this is a windows update and anydvd is not a player, this is not an anydvd issue.

If i were to guess, i can only think of 1 licensed uhd player and thats PowerDVD Ultra. I have no experience with others.

It's not for PowerDVD. It's for streaming apps like Netflix and stuff. At least from what I've heard. like the windows apps from the store.

Sorry Ch3v for posting in the wrong section and thanks for clarifying.

also appreciate your input SamuriHL. Was hoping powerdvd would support but maybe in a future update. Would love for Dolby Vision on my HTPC.

thanks again!

There's a lot of Dolby vision stuff happening lately just not on the pc. Mkv support is incoming in the next few weeks on at least the shield. It will be part of the mkv standard going forward. Very exciting stuff. It's starting to really come together.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

That is actually quite amazing to hear. I’ve been ripping all my UHD content to .iso so I wouldn’t have to compromise on atmos and vision, so to hear the support is in the works is great.

once vision is supported in mkv’s I may ditch the htpc and powerdvd and jump to the shield once confirmed with a reliable player.
Good times ahead. Lol

Uh yeah... good times ahead. Right. So uhhh some of us have been ripping our Dolby vision uhd to ts files that retain the Dolby vision and atmos already. pgs subs don't work and you lose chapters but I got them all on my nas and playing through plex just fine. Mkv will be better but for now I'm enjoying dv and atmos.

I will have to look into that! I have Plex but have been messing with Emby for it’s Kodi integration and find syncing for offline viewing (road trip with the kids) is more reliable then Plex. Appreciate the info!

Things are still in progress. Once the mkv standard is reviewed and approved the players will need to adopt it. Makemkv will get updated to support it. Hopefully elby can be convinced to support it in clonebd as this is being added to the mkv standard. And the plex guys are all over this. In fact the hold up right now is having one of the plex developers review and approve the pull request for the standard. Once that's done I know plex will add support for it and most likely kodi will pick it up as well for devices that support dv like the shield. I'm guessing in the next month or two we'll be in very good shape with mkv dv support!

Back