• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Dolby TrueHD/Atmos audio drops out after 5 minutes

Can you play from your USB3 -> SATA adapter? Issue still there?

If this disc has a single large m2ts file for the main movie you could also extract the audio from this file with Audacity and just play the audio file to check if it's an audio problem.

@coopervid
Sorry, I had no time for testing before.
With USB3-HDD it worked without audio problems.
The cause was a LAN problem.
Replaced the LAN cable to the switch and there are no more audio problems.
Thanks @coopervid and @0x0x0x0x0 for your support.

Last edited:
Great to see it's now working, told you it was a player related problem

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Glad you could isolate the issue. As I told you. Must check the playback chain to see what's causing it. LAN connections are sometimes tricky. If I pull back the cable in the port of the powerline adapter that connects to the router I lose connection. If I push it up everything is good. No matter what cable I use. Some mechanical tolerance problem.

I found a second cause for the audio problems.

Although I changed all LAN cables (to Cat7/Cat8 and switch to 2.5Gbit/s), I had audio problems.

Only by coincidence I see the LAN speed of 100Mbit/s on the switch LAN connection in the Fritzbox > network.

How can this be? Switch (2.5Gbit/s), cable can more and Fritzbox is/are set to 1Gbit/s. Looked in the Fritzbox LAN port configuration. All 4 Lan ports are set to 1Gbit/s! Nevertheless, the LAN port was only connected with 100MBit/s. In the menu of the Fritzbox I set the speed to 100Mbit/s and then back to 1Gbit/s. Result: only now the switch is connected with 1Gbit/s.

Tried movie and no more audio problems!

One must come up with this idea that the Fritzbox "spits in the soup" and 100Mbit/s is simply too little for 4k movies with high-quality sound.

<snip>

One must come up with this idea that the Fritzbox "spits in the soup" and 100Mbit/s is simply too little for 4k movies with high-quality sound.

That's why I asked about GigE, unless your MP4 has proper progressive download info and the player knows how to use that properly and there is sufficient undeflow in the stream, 100Mbps will not suffice.

Back