• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Dolby TrueHD/Atmos audio drops out after 5 minutes

It just hit me... Please describe the playback chain how you play the movies with the audio problem. E.g. I rip to ISO on USB hard disc -> connect to M9702 Oppo clone -> Denon receiver -> LG TV. Maybe there is some bottleneck in your chain of playback.

CloneBD and make an ISO
OK, clear, done.
I rip to ISO on Server hard disc -> connect to M9702 Oppo clone -> Yamaha receiver -> LG TV.
Definitely not a bottleneck.
Unfortunately also with the (MKV)ISO the same bitstream errors.
What now is that?
Decryption error?
As written, in the player the discs run without bitsream errors.
How to find out bad disc?

Server to M9702 speed could be an issue. Rule that out. Report back.

It's certainly not a speed issue.
All LAN cables are Cat7 cables.
With other movies, than UHD with TrueHD, these bitstream errors do not occur.
Can it not be that they are decryption errors?
The first discs of this trial had bad DE soundtracks (no error in the manufacturing, but in the audio directly) and were replaced by the developer.
Does the decryption get mixed up here now?
Mike's "MKV" showed no error.

What about the cables you use? Are they HDMI UHD 2.0b standard? Regular HDMI cables can lead to all kind of issues with UHD.

Can you put the ISO on an USB3 stick or hard drive? I have read somewhere that the OPPO sometimes drops Ethernet speed. Just to rule the network factor out.

Sorry, I don't have such a big USB3 stick or HDD.

But always at the same time code?

The Ethernet speed might slow per se. And when the data rate exceeds the needed one you get dropouts. It might work generally if that is not the case.

Somehow you need to rule out the network. Any other idea from your side? I have plenty of USB sticks, hard drives, USB3 ->SATA dapters to connect bare drives, optical drives. micro SD cards with USB3 reader. So nothing you have or could borrow?

<snip>

How to find out bad disc?

Write a bitstream parser or wait till someone does to check if the bitstream is in a "consistent" state...

Why don't you make an MKV file with the video and the desired audio track, and check that VLC can play that on a computer without any the AVR just software decode on the computer?

On GigE or Fast Ethernet?

What is the difference to PowerDVD? Do I have, the same bitstream errors (see previous answer).

Unless I misunderstood what you said, you played PowerDVD still through your AVR, in any event you played PowerDVD from AnyDVD's decode. What I'm saying is make an mkv file with Mike's tool, and just plain the file on the computer without any other hardware, just pure software decode of the sound stream, don't stream bitstream or PCM to anything---the point is to eliminate everything but the actual stored bitstream.

And that decodes the bitstream decrypted by AnyDVD, what about the bitstream decrypted by Mike's tool?
Yes, I now have two ISO's on the PC with the same bitstream errors.
One is from Mike and one from AnyDVD.

Yes, I now have two ISO's on the PC with the same bitstream errors.
One is from Mike and one from AnyDVD.

Ok, now we're getting somewhere: this sounds like a coaster problem that is being masked during playback when the disc itself is being played...

When using Mike's tool to create mkv, do you unload AnyDVD first? So that Mike's tool is doing the decrypting and not AnyDVD?

Back