• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Dolby TrueHD/Atmos audio drops out after 5 minutes

Balor

The three UHD movies "Back to the Future" always drop out of Dolby TrueHD/Atmos audio after 5 minutes, after which the sound is only ever in blocks.
The UHD discs runs through without problems and only the backups have this sound problem with Dolby TrueHD.
Listens like a not correctly removed Cinavia problem?

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.5.1.3_Info_Y_BACK_TO_THE_FUTURE_7E32B347_0E6BDFBC.ziplog
    3.6 MB · Views: 2
  • AnyDVD_8.5.1.3_Info_Y_BACK_TO_THE_FUTURE_PART_II_31F0A292_758354FE.ziplog
    3.6 MB · Views: 0
  • AnyDVD_8.5.1.3_Info_Y_BACK_TO_THE_FUTURE_PART_III_A0EA10DE_968C9160.ziplog
    3.6 MB · Views: 0
Anydvd doesn't remove cinavia AT ALL by itself, it needs CloneBD in order to do it. Unless you're seeing 'message code 3' or something similar on your screen during playback, it's not cinavia. Anydvd has zero control over what happens to audio behavior by itself.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Hi @Ch3vr0n
No message appears on the display.
Cinavia was only a assumption from me.
Answer from elby support: "Bei Kopierschutzproblemen können wir Ihnen leider nicht helfen." / "We cannot help you with copy protection problems."
Is this a "chicken and egg" problem?
Then who is causing the problem?
So then AnyDVD does not decrypt correctly.

Well seeing as you don't post how you're playing the rip (with what), no we have very little to work with atm and no message appears it's not a cinavia issue. It would be pretty obvious if it was.

I play the rip with my M9702.

Then you need to look for a fix for that thing. Sounds like it has a problem decoding the HD audio tracks. Thats not an anydvd issue.

Vlc is an excellent basic video player, i use it myself. But it is pure crap at anything else. Even simple dvd playback can be spotty, less not the next choice for uhd disc playback in any form.

Vlc is an excellent basic video player, i use it myself. But it is pure crap at anything else. Even simple dvd playback can be spotty, less not the next choice for uhd disc playback in any form.

Doesn't VLC support hardware offload for decoding if available? In any event, that's besides the point: the purpose is to check what is going wrong---the DTS track itself or the decoding by the player. ;)

I will try other players again, a Vero 4k+ and a CineUltra.
But no other movie has problems with Dolby TrueHD/Atmos.
I'm not convinced it's a problem with the player.

It's really easy to find out. Play the rip in a licensed UHD player like PowerDVD. No audio issues? Your player is the problem.

PowerDVD I will also test.
Let's see.

There are two versions of the "Back to the Future Trilogy". The first version has audio errors in the audio track. In the second version, these audio errors have been corrected. The discs are from the second version.
So now I tested it with the UHD players (Oppo, Panasonic), with the media players (cineultra v203, M9702, Vero 4K+ and PowerDVD 20).
The three discs play without audio errors and the three ISO's always play with audio errors only.
On all discs, on bitstream, always at the same timecode, the audio on the AVR cuts out.
If I switch from Bitstream to LPCM, then audio signals are output, but at these timecodes only with audio errors. The sound is interrupted, or the sound is distorted, or the sound is asynchronous.

There are two versions of the "Back to the Future Trilogy". The first version has audio errors in the audio track. In the second version, these audio errors have been corrected. The discs are from the second version.
So now I tested it with the UHD players (Oppo, Panasonic), with the media players (cineultra v203, M9702, Vero 4K+ and PowerDVD 20).
The three discs play without audio errors and the three ISO's always play with audio errors only.
On all discs, on bitstream, always at the same timecode, the audio on the AVR cuts out.
If I switch from Bitstream to LPCM, then audio signals are output, but at these timecodes only with audio errors. The sound is interrupted, or the sound is distorted, or the sound is asynchronous.

Have you just ripped the discs once?

Sorry, I do not understand the question.
Last on 07.02

Sorry, I do not understand the question.

You said:-

<snip>

.. the three ISO's always play with audio errors only...

Did you just rip the discs once, or did you try re-ripping them again and got the same result: sometimes transient errors creep in (I've had to re-rip several of my UHDs when m2ts files had wrong checksums)

In total, I have already created the ISO four times.
Which files are you comparing exactly, the file on the disc and the file in the ISO, or how?

In total, I have already created the ISO four times.
Which files are you comparing exactly, the file on the disc and the file in the ISO, or how?

There's a way to check that m2ts files are consistent with what they should be based on ContentHash table but that requires ripping a protected (but with bus encryption stripped) ISO, you can google that. But given that you've ripped the same disc four times, as you say, it's unlikely to be a transient error.

Just a wild guess and it is just a wild guess...Can you try to rip the disc using CloneBD? They have solved issues with seamless branching and the issue sounds like audio issues with seamless branching. Can't tell for sure but the issues are alike.

Hang on a minute, perhaps I'm being thick: are you always playing audio through the AVR regardless of the "player" (as in the Oppo, Pana, and the various media players still feed the signal to the AVR)?

Back