• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Dolby Atmos dropouts

KrispyKreme

Hey guys,
I'm new here, first time poster. I noticed that CloneBD was apparently able to solve the atmos dropout problems. I decrypted Maze Runner: Death Cure, a UHD Blu-ray, that I have had issues with dropouts. I ran it thru CloneBD and created a MKV. I played it thru Kodi on my Nvidia Shield and I am still experiencing the same dropouts on the Dolby Atmos track. Is it something I'm doing wrong? I download final version 1.2.6.0 on the main page. Do I need a different version? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I'm new here, first time poster. I noticed that CloneBD was apparently able to solve the atmos dropout problems. I decrypted Maze Runner: Death Cure, a UHD Blu-ray, that I have had issues with dropouts. I ran it thru CloneBD and created a MKV. I played it thru Kodi on my Nvidia Shield and I am still experiencing the same dropouts on the Dolby Atmos track. Is it something I'm doing wrong? I download final version 1.2.6.0 on the main page. Do I need a different version? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Can you please post the resulting CloneBD log file? There are currently no known issues with Atmos, CloneBD handles that perfectly fine.
On what player are you playing back?

Here is the CloneBD log attached. I am currently using the Nvidia Shield to play back my UHD movie rips.

Attachments

• CloneBD.1.2.6.0.Maze Runner - The Death Cure.cbdlog
    335.1 KB · Views: 4
The log file does not show any problem.

You say you have dropout. In what way? Does this only happen with the atmos audio track? Or with other audio tracks as well?

I've only tested it with Maze Runner: Death Cure so far. I would get dropouts as the movie started with the 20th Century Fox logo starts and then they will periodically appear throughout the movie. I was wondering if it was something else because I saw it was fixed in CloneBD.

Can you please check your PM

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a bit tricky but I think it has something to do with the audio packet arrangement in the .mkv file.

We will have a fix soon.

I made an of MKV of the UHD Reign of the Supermen. It's the only way I can plan back on my LG TV. I've done a handful of UHD to MKV and HD audio to lossy DTS. This is the first one that has a number of audio dropouts peppered throughout. At first I thought it was a low bandwidth issue to the NAS but if I back up there in the same spot every time. Is this the same thing or something different?

If it's DTS audio then it's different and warrants its own thread to discuss. It also sounds like you're encoding the audio, which is also different.

I posted this is my ongoing Alita the bud eyed girl struggles post before I remembered this one about Atmos and audio dropouts. Is this one the same? :)

Newest issue with Alita:

I got a new M9702 v3 media player that can play the ISO files so no more messing about with MKVs and MP4s.

I created a partial copy and all looks good but there is an audio dropout at the 36 second mark. I deleted MP4 file but I don’t think it was there. So I created another partial copy ISO file and the same thing. When I look at the file sizes the new one is a little smaller. I’m not doing transcoding so shouldn’t the output file always be the same?

When I play the full ISO on the media player the audio dropout is not there. ???

Attachments

• CloneBD.1.2.6.1.ALITA_BATTLE_ANGEL.cbdlog
    861.6 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Back