• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Doesn't see the disk in the drive

cct195

AnyDVD does not see the disc in the drive. This started happening with the disc I have tried lately. It is very odd. The current disc is Bent and it is from 2018. Drive does not recognize there is a disc in the drive. If I put a disk I created as a backup a few months ago. The drive sees it and AnyDVD scans it. I had this same problem with a movie from 1994. IF I take a random purchased original move and put it in the drive it see's it and scans it. That the odd part. My region code is set correctly in both AnyDVD and in my settings for the drive. I am running version 8.6.4.0 for AnyDVD. I have been using this software for years and never had a problem until now. Nothing has changed on my computer either hardware or software. I cannot create a log file since it doesn't see anything. I did look through the forums and I couldn't find any body else with a random problem like this.

AnyDVD does not see the disc in the drive.
Drive does not recognize there is a disc in the drive.
Please specify. Does AnyDVD not see the disc or is it the drive (will the disc show up in Windows Explorer when you disable AnyDVD and then insert the disc?)
Because if not, the disc is possibly damaged and it has nothing to do with AnyDVD.

AnyDVD does not see the disc in the drive. This started happening with the disc I have tried lately. It is very odd. The current disc is Bent and it is from 2018. Drive does not recognize there is a disc in the drive. If I put a disk I created as a backup a few months ago. The drive sees it and AnyDVD scans it. I had this same problem with a movie from 1994. IF I take a random purchased original move and put it in the drive it see's it and scans it. That the odd part. My region code is set correctly in both AnyDVD and in my settings for the drive. I am running version 8.6.4.0 for AnyDVD. I have been using this software for years and never had a problem until now. Nothing has changed on my computer either hardware or software. I cannot create a log file since it doesn't see anything. I did look through the forums and I couldn't find any body else with a random problem like this.
One of the lasers of your drive could have died. Is that a BD or DVD? BDs and UHDs use a blue laser. CDs and DVDs a red laser.

This is DVD drive. Not Blu Ray. With AnyDVD disabled, windows does not see the disc. If I put the disc in a normal stand alone DVD player it plays just fine. I would think it is the drive as well but it plays other movie and audio CD's just fine. That's what makes this odd.

I have a similar problem, which avengers complete collection on DVD (an english serie from the 60s). Some of the DVD are not seen apparently by anyDVD, and if I close anyDVD, it seems apparenty that windows explorer does not see the disc. But in fact the DVD is there, if I click on the DVD drive in windows explorer which does not display any name for the DVD, I see the AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS directories. And anyDVD accepts to rip it , but it chooses "No Label" for the disc name, whih can be changed, also the ripping processus is very slowly on some of these DVDs, about 0,54MB/s). So verify by clicking on your DVD drive, even if there is no name for the DVD, that the disc is there by seing the included directories, but without any name which gives the apparence that it is not recognized by windows or anyDVD. It is also the first time that I see such a thing. And the rip plays without problem.

Last edited:
I have a similar problem, which avengers complete collection on DVD
I don't think this is a similar problem. I suggest to create your own troubleshooting thread with AnyDVD logfile(s) attached. Thank you.

Back