Doesn't GameJackal support Windows Vista ?

Discussion in 'GameJackal' started by xantarion, Jun 3, 2007.

1. xantarion

xantarion Member

Huh! Just checked the slysoft.com page for information on gj.
    It says "Supportes OS: Windows 98/98SE/ME/2000/XP" .. not Vista?? :rolleyes:
    How can you release a "new" program today and not supporting Vista? ... maby that's the reason for my bsod on profiling nw2..

2. Webslinger

Webslinger Retired Moderator

Oh? I didn't realize it doesn't work with Vista. I guess that information was changed recently.

3. xantarion

xantarion Member

Would be nice to get a confirmation from Slysoft on this, though.. :policeman:

4. KingDazza

KingDazza New Member

It works fine with my version - Vista Home Premium 32bit

5. bjproc

bjproc Well-Known Member

is it just the 64 bit it doesn't work with just now :confused:

6. Quitch

Quitch Active Member

Well I'd like to see it listed in the official spec before I put down any money for it. Even if it does work, not being listed could put it into the "unsupported" world, which is where it stands now anyway.

7. bjproc

bjproc Well-Known Member

heres what it says

Code:
    System Requirements
    IBM-compatible PC with a minimum 500 MHz Pentium-class microprocessor and 64 MB RAM
    Windows 98/98SE/ME/2000/XP
    2 MB hard-disk space

8. ivanX

ivanX Translator (ru)

I suspect that it is a typo which still hasn't been corrected and that make alarm bells in my head ring a little bit.

As KingDazza reported, it works on Vista Home Premium 32-bit so why is it not mentioned on the product page? :confused:

9. nwasend

nwasend Active Member

yes..it does

SOFTWARE: Game Jackal v2.9
    CORE VERSION: 2.0
    CLIENT VERSION: 2.9.18.550
    DRIVER VERSION: 2.9.18.505
    PLATFORM: 2000, XP and Vista
    DATE: 2007-06-04

This is listed in the install notes when installing

10. xantarion

xantarion Member

That was my first thoughts too. I posted this thread after getting bsod everytime i tried to profile nwn2. This question is solves then. Thnx nwasend for reading the installnotes :clap:

11. bigmat1201

bigmat1201 Member

So to recap, GJ will run on Vista 64-bit? If not, would you happen to know when it will be able to?

12. Webslinger

No. Read the stickies at the top of the forum

No idea

13. bigmat1201

bigmat1201 Member

I'm a little new at this, it will run in Vista 32-bit though? Will GJ work with Battlefield 2142, Quake 4, Doom 3, Command and Conquere Generals and Zero Hour, Civilization 4, Halo 2, and Command and Conquere 3? I know thats a big list, but those are the games that I have (or will be getting), and I want to make sure it will work on my computer (my Vista 32-bit comp. is down, so I can't test it with the trial). Also I'm guessing that like AnyDVD (which I love) as the games get different encription methods, slysoft is going to keep coming up with updates to by-pass them, in other words, they are going to keep supporting GJ in the future, they aren't going to do what the Australian company did?

14. Webslinger

According to the website, it does.

As for your game list, check the stickies at the top of the forum--or simply try the trial.

Slysoft will be continuing development of the program. I doubt you have much to worry about as far as that goes.