• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Does installing AnyDVD scan for new hardware?

dbminter

I have an internal optical drive that I no longer use because it's a slim model and the little "cap" that holds discs in place keeps popping off. In effect, it's "dead." So, I don't want it recognized by Windows anymore, but I also don't want to crack open the case and take it out/swap in a replacement. What I'd done was use Device Manager to Disable the device so Windows wouldn't recognize it anymore. I updated to AnyDVD 8.5.0.0 today and the device returned to Windows. The only explanation I can think of is AnyDVD's update did it.

So, when AnyDVD is installed, does its installation package "scan" for new hardware?

Thanks!

Does it scan? No. The moment is installed and ready for use in windows, it'll be good anydvd too.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

That's weird. The drive was still Disabled and invisible to File Explorer and ImgBurn before I updated AnyDVD today. After updating AnyDVD, the drive was Enabled again and I had to manually Disable it again.

That's weird. The drive was still Disabled and invisible to File Explorer and ImgBurn before I updated AnyDVD today. After updating AnyDVD, the drive was Enabled again and I had to manually Disable it again.
This is (unfortunately?) by design. To avoid the requirement to reboot the computer after AnyDVD installation, the installer disables all optical drives, updates the driver and enables them. The side effect is indeed, that a previously disabled drive will be enabled.

Thanks for confirming that this was expected behavior from an AnyDVD installation. I figured it had to be given that it was still invisible to Windows before the update and then became visible again after the update.

Back