• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Does backing up damage Bluray Disc

Trump

Hi guys, sorry i`m very new at all this but need some help.
I have been reading up on all the disc protection stuff and am a little worried.
I have just made backups of my bluray collection ( all purchased legally ) onto my HTPC and am wondering if by doing this, does it damage the Bluray disc in anyway as to not be able to play on any other bluray players eg. Oppo, Yamaha.. ( not pc bluray drives)?

Backing up will not damage your blu-ray disc, but it might hurt its feelings a little.

You can't damage what's already on the disc, simply by reading the data and copying it to a different storage device. That's a physical impossibility. The only way you can damage is by getting it scratched.

Don't forget some of the failed DVD models that limited time for a dvd or actually were designed to self destruct after use.

failing drives have nothing to do with physically damaging a disc on reading.

Blu-rays are basically "WORM"s (Write Once Read Many), and I have not heard of any "Write Many" Blu-rays. As already said, you cannot damage a Blu-ray by backing it up. You are only reading it, as you would when you are playing it.

Never heard of them? They're called bd-re's, as in bd-rewriteable.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk.

Back