• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Question Does anyone "cautiously" download at 1x speed?

kwilcox

Hello, I've only been using AS for a couple weeks now. (Loving it!)

So far, I'm only downloading at 1X speed. Anything faster than that "feels" like I may be banned by a provider.

Am I being unnecessarily cautious? I searched and found some threads, but most of those were requesting even faster download speeds!

What is the present "consensus?" - if there is one!

Thank you,
Kelly

I used to but at some point I became of the mindset that they know anyway, you are not going to fool them, and for now so long as you are paying a subscription and not torrenting they don't care. Maybe that changes in the future but for now it does not bug them enough to do anything about it.

Now that's all just what I think.

Since it's just between the two of us... ;)

I actually do download all at 1x. @DQ is probably right but just in case because you never know.

The providers should be grateful to AS software because thanks to its existence I subscribed to some streaming services. I repeat. I only subscribed to them after I bought an AS license. In that order of interest. I agree that the providers know somehow, as it was said, just interest them that we are paying. About the speed. I use it to infinity and beyond. Always.

I only subscribed to them after I bought an AS license. In that order of interest.

Same here.

One of the reasons I use AS is that I put the downloads on Plex for my (elderly) mother so she only has to learn one interface (Plex). I therefore subscribe to things I would not normally subscribe to (and she wouldn't subscribe to them either).

The providers should be grateful to AS software because thanks to its existence I subscribed to some streaming services.
That is correct. As I already mentioned at one time, I might've bought Prime at some time to get free shipping and maybe I would've taken a look at NF etc, but without the option to download stuff, I wouldn't have kept the subs as long as I did. And except one or two, I wouldn't have bought anything on Amz. And rented nothing.

Ah, this question again. Been using unlimited since closed beta began years ago. Yet to see any negative impact.

1x for like two days after getting the license. unlimited after that, no problems thus far.

Unlimited since day two :p.. as above said, they're getting extra traffic and payments thanks to AS, but not only that, we're off-loading precious bandwidth and even pay top dollars to store locally instead of streaming.. we could also be seen as kinda stupid in their eyes not utilizing their streaming potential in fullest .. I'd be very grateful if I we're them if all people we're to off-load my bills :)

Thank you to everyone for their feedback - I appreciate it!

Based on everyone's feedback (and the older threads I found) - I'm going to "ramp up" to 2x for now.

I'm sure I'll eventually "get comfortable" with that and then ramp-up even further - we'll see!

Thanks again all,
Kelly

I'm at 4x, no issue here. I keep checking this forum to make sure there's no red flag happening.

If you have a web browser with a giant pre-fetch buffer, it will download at fast speed, so it should not really be a concern.

If anyone had issues I do believe we would have heard about it on the forum, and to my knowledge, we have had no such report.:)

When tokens were "more limited" and my bandwidth was more limited, I downloaded slower. It made no sense to download quickly and have it sit idle for the rest of 35 minutes. 4x or even slower was quick enough. "Hurry up and wait" isn't worth it.

Since I got AS and upgraded to Plex, I've gone from subscribing to Prime (for the shipping) and Hulu/Disney to subscribing to, well, all of them, including a few that AS doesn't support. So they are making a LOT more from me now than when I would just Redbox or Netflix DVD movies.

Back