• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Does AnyDvd HD remove region code copy protection etc when Ripping to Hardisk

incova

Hi all, I got AnyDVD HD a long time back as I have a crt projector so needed to get rid of a few things on the blu rays that would have prevented me watching my own blu rays on none HDMI ancient display.

I have decided to rip all my dvds, blue rays to Hard disk and then convert them to ISO then mount them and watch them from HDD, they take up too much space so they will go into storage.

Now,will the rips, ISO's still need a HDCP key or does AnyDVD HD remove all the region coding etc when it rips to your HDD.

Thank you all for your time, sorry for the beginner question.

Technically, AnyDVD HD doesn't remove HDCP; but it does remove BD encryption (AACS, and if present BD+) so that licensed BD players will not require HDCP display connections. Unlicensed players generally don't enforce HDCP, but AnyDVD HD must be active to enable playback. This happens automatically; no special settings are needed.

If you're actually concerned about BD region coding (a completely different concept), you will need to activate region-code removal by checking "Remove Blu-ray Region Code" in the Video Blu-ray menu. This is a one-time settings change; once you do this, all playback & copying should be region-free. (You may be asked to select the disc's region when you first insert it; AnyDVD HD needs this to remove region coding properly.)

Last edited:
Thanks

So I take it I can play the ripped versions without worrying about anything on my projector?

Thanks for the info.

So I take it I can play the ripped versions without worrying about anything on my projector?

Thanks for the info.
Absolutely, as long as all your ripped BDs are from your region (i.e., they're all from your own country), or you enabled region-code removal before ripping any BDs from another region. Since AnyDVD HD removed AACS before you ripped, licensed BD players should not demand an HDCP-compliant video connection; unlicensed players, of course, will never demand HDCP. 8)

(Edit: I'm answering in a roundabout way to avoid wrongly saying it "removes" HDCP itself; it doesn't decrypt HDCP directly, nor does it affect non-BD player software that requires HDCP. What it removes is the requirement of HDCP-compliant monitors for BD playback, so you can show BDs on your projector.)

Last edited:
Thanks

Thanks so much, really appreciated!:rock:

Back